Something. Anything.

Something. Anything.

A Story by CharHunter
"

I couldn't think of anything to write so I wrote about a girl who didn't know what to write about.

"

She sits quietly at her desk. Her laptop is showing her the blank document she has been staring at for at least half an hour trying to think of something to write. Anything. Her overhead bedroom light is acting as a bright, white stage light focused on her embarrassment. But instead of booing her off the stage the audience quietly watches on, waiting for something. Anything. It’s like the blank page is laughing at her. Sneering at her inability to think of a plot let alone put it into words. The vacancy of words is mocking, but not in the friendly way her classmates do. Are they really being friendly? She wonders to herself. She knows that this is not the time to doubt your friends. Think... THINK. The word ‘think’ begins to sound weird to her. Like when you say your name over and over... She’s alone yet feels so exposed. Out in the open. No writing to hide behind. No funny puns or inspirational words of wisdom to blurt out to the audience in her mind. She’s silently begging for something. Anything. It’s unnerving to her. Is she really out of ideas? All creativity vanished? Gone? Kaput? Vamoosed? Or is she just procrastinating?

 

This is enough, she decides. She straightens her back, flexes her fingers and pushes her hair behind her ears. Determination. That’s something, surely? She settles down to write her anything. What’s the first line she writes? I hear you ask. “She sits quietly at her desk.”


(Any reviews would be appreciated greatly)  

© 2014 CharHunter


Author's Note

CharHunter
I'd just love to know your opinion good or bad (both is usually nice to hear though). Should anything be changed? Did you understand the end straight away or did you have to re-read it? Grammar, punctuation and spelling? What do you personally think the tone is?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on March 30, 2014
Last Updated on March 30, 2014
Tags: Writing, Girl, Audience, Something, Anything, Determination

Author

CharHunter
CharHunter

London, United Kingdom



About
I'm an English college student who just loves to write. I take a Creative Writing course and get TONS of homework for it so I thought I'd put it all up on here and see what other people thought :) more..

Writing