Vanilla Skies...

Vanilla Skies...

A Poem by Quill~
"

For POEMS and POETRY Summer Competition

"

Take me to London
where the green path
leads to a pink rose garden...


I'll wear a wide brim hat
and a flirty blue sundress
to catch the spark in your eyes
every time the wind whistles...


We'll gaze at the vanilla sky
until the ice cream clouds

drip

drip

drip

from the heat of the sun
creating milky puddles...


Our memories will taste sweeter
once they melt away...

 

© 2013 Quill~


Author's Note

Quill~

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a cute little poem. I like how it romanticizes being on a trip alone with someone special. Perhaps it is only me, but the the last two lines are somewhat more...melancholy. There is a sadness in those words and a hint that memory is not truth.

Interesting piece.

-Caradoc

Posted 10 Years Ago


Quill~

10 Years Ago

:) thanks Caradoc. It did have melancholy intentions towards the end.
Caradoc

10 Years Ago

You are welcome.
Yummy. As I often do, I imagine the stories behind poems in black and white unless otherwise directed by the writer, so naturally the colors you stated were bright and vivid in my imagination against the otherwise black-and-white London scenery. Keep using that brain of yours to craft more poetry like this, Quill!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Quill~

10 Years Ago

:) thanks Tim! It's nice of you to stop by.
"We'll gaze at the vanilla sky
until the ice cream clouds

drip

drip

drip"

Is it me, or could this stand on its own merit? I must put you on my radar, for this is sweet beyond words!

My best,
Kelly



Posted 10 Years Ago


Quill~

10 Years Ago

:) thank you for visiting, Kelly!
Now that's really a sweetest writing i've ever read out by a writer. Okey..Dokey..Now.. don't worry, if i get an opportunity to take you to the London and walk along with you all the time and keep ya in my heart then hope you'd like and i'd give you on Icecream we;;ll eat and then it's be DRIP DRIP AND DRIP ... HAHAHAH (Laugh)

Well penned write, this write shows some kind of .. some sort of zeal, and passsion about love indeed and you made this write when you were in the love of someone... (i hope that was me... lol )
you writes;re now really flattering me ffrom the deep and touch my heart in deep indeed. So, as i say you're a good and best writer , you always made me speechless wht to write in review... here once again you made me and you got me :)

Beautiful write, it's came from your beating red heart. Keep making such kinda sensible pieces. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


I hope you won... this one still touches AFTER its been read.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Quill~

10 Years Ago

:) thanks so much! I hope so too...the contest is still opened for submission. (I think)
Great sensual poems, brought back some old memories, love the music too, it syncs well with the poem..great job (as always)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Quill~

10 Years Ago

:) thank you Nicky...as always, your words make me smile.
This was a well written poem however it failed to grip me and pull me in. I don't know exactly why that is but for me it is lacking something. You did well with the imagery and painting a picture for the reader of the poem.

Posted 10 Years Ago


another one... loved it.. romantic imaginary coloring walls of mind..:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Very nice. a softer more traditionally romantic side of you than I have usually read and you carry it off well. A strong visual image to begin and then a lovely metaphor with a sad and tender ending. I am so pleased to have read this. Thank you.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Totally amazing. I can almost taste this poem. It is delicate, open, smooth and oh so sweet. Very nice my friend. You certainly have a way of penning love to make even the narrowest of eyes open in wonder.

Posted 10 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1517 Views
34 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 23, 2013
Last Updated on June 23, 2013

Author

Quill~
Quill~

Pink Clouds



About
I'm a romantic at heart, here to express myself through my work...I write for me. I welcome others to read. I look forward to learning and sharing thoughts, through poetry and stories. :) Quill~ .. more..

Writing
The One... The One...

A Poem by Quill~



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..