Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Cheerio

The pill was in my hand, the bottle in my other one. I took a swig. It burned a little going down and warmed my stomach. Oh it tasted so good. I stared at the little blue pill that lay in my hand, it was so small but it could determine life or death. I thought about my life. I looked back a year ago when it all started. I sipped at the bottle and started to recall what happened.

April 23 was the first of my many problems to come. That day was so hard.

I walked into the kitchen on a beautiful sunny spring day. It was warm with the smell of baking bread. My mother hummed a happy little tune. My dad sat reading the paper and drinking his black coffee. It seemed like it would be the best day of my life. But then it shattered like glass hitting the ground. "S**t..." I swore aloud when I stubbed my toe on the kitchen table. My mom stopped her happy tune and my dad gazed at me over his paper. My mom turned to me, "What did you just say?" I swore I heard the duh duh duh dun tune from Starwars. "You know the rules Elizabeth. Give me your cell phone, until you give me a dollar." I gravely handed over my cell. "Go get your brother up; he has to go to work."

I turned and ran up the stairs. When I reached his door I banged on it. "Brice get up! Mom says you have to!" I opened the door and went in. Brice’s friend, Bentley, was passed out on the floor. I could smell the Bacardi and Weed in the air. I crossed the room to Brice’s bed; I grabbed his comforter and ripped it off. He groaned and pulled his sheets up to him. I went to the window, opened the curtains and the window to let in fresh air and light. They both groaned and covered their heads with their pillows. I spotted the stereo. I reached for it and twisted the volume to full blast. I laughed to myself as I reached for the on/off switch. I held my breath and counted to 3, 1… 2… 3… I switched it on and the boys flew to their feet. I laughed out loud and rolled on the floor because I was laughing so hard. The boys realized what I was laughing about and grabbed pillows to cover themselves up. I started to cry it was so funny. I got to my hands and knees and started towards the door. Brice yelled “Get out of here Lizzy!” When I got to the door I rolled out. Bentley, the closest to the door, slammed it shut.

The music was turned off and I got to my feet. I laughed as I walked down the hall to my room. I went in my room to find a dollar, but the hard part is that I don’t have a job nor do I get an allowance. So I have to search for a dollar every time. I find some here and there but it only adds up to 89 cents, which isn’t quite enough. I grabbed the money and my bag and headed down stairs.

My miniature dachshund Moose met me at the bottom of the stairs. He was like a mini golden retriever. I scooped him up and Brice's dog Mouse came to the stairs. She was a Rottweiler. Together they were so damn cute! I held Moose like a baby on its mother’s hip and pet Mouse. I walked into the living room and flopped Moose down on the couch and dropped my bag on the ground next to Mouse. She jumped a little when the bag landed, but quickly got over it. I pulled up the couch cushions and found 50 more cents, “Bingo” I grabbed it and headed to the kitchen. I grabbed my phone and tossed the money on the counter, “Keep the change.” My mom was cleaning the kitchen, she was startled but then handed me an apple since I didn’t sit to have breakfast. I thanked her and walked out of the room. I kissed Moose and Mouse and grabbed my bag again. I headed out the door.

I walked to the corner and waited for Ryan to get me. Ryan is my boyfriend, well not anymore but I’m telling you about what happened so anyways. After about 7 minutes I heard the purr of Ryan’s corvette coming down the road. I stood and leaned against the stop sign. I crossed my arms across my chest, enfolding my b***s to make them look bigger. Ryan pulled to the side of the road. He switched off the engine; he stepped out of the car, and walked over to me. When he got close he said “Hey babe.” He put his hands in my hair and pressed his body against me and kissed my lips so sweet. The kiss was the deepest we had ever shared. When he pulled away, he looked me in the eyes and smiled. He bent and picked up my bag when he was at my collar bone level he kissed it sweetly. I stood and we walked hand in hand across the street.

 



© 2009 Cheerio


Author's Note

Cheerio
i say "and" a ton in here im sorry this is just a draft and its not a completed chapter

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

its not completed but u started it good i cant wait to hear the rest

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 30, 2009


Author

Cheerio
Cheerio

Puyallup, WA



About
So i love dogs! My bestie is kurtis but Larrinda is pretty damn cool! My life is great. I fake a smile on days im not okay and smile on days i am okay. people don't really know that I'm easily.. more..

Writing