Battered till broken

Battered till broken

A Story by Rae CJ
"

abuse

"

I sat there, terrified and shaking, as he yelled at me. I didn't understand what I had done. He told me overand over again that I did this to myself. That I hurt myself, even though it was clear to see that he was the one hurting me.It grew quiet as the yelling stopped and he began to walk out of the dark room. Was it done? Was he finished?

"What did I do Faldin? What did I do?" I sobbed. If only i had known his violent reaction would follow my quetion, I would have just kept it to myself. He turned to face me. Those once gorgeous green eyes seemed to now be popping out of their sockets. Just like a sewer rat's. He began yelling again. Go on and on about how I was talking to another guy and how this guy had me laughing and smiling. "You never laugh or smile when your with me." He growled. His voice boomed, echoing through the building. The house shook as if it were in my place, about to be beaten. It was like sitting in a dungeon. Cold, dark... alone. Just me and him. He walked towards me. Everything seemed to be in slow mode. As if I coule just up and speed past him, just get up and leave before the blows started. What if I screamed? Would anyone hear me? Would he stop? Or would he just become more angry? I couldn't find the courage to try. He stopped right in front of me. His big, muscular arm swung, hitting me hard on the left side of my face. The stinging it left cause more tears to leak from my eyes.

What now! How much of this was I going to have to take this time? I closed my eyes tight. So tight that it hurt. I didn't care. This pain was better then the pain he would soon be causeing.

The next day, Sam went to school with a black eye and seven stiches in her forehead. She did her best to cover it up. MAke-up, band-aids, and her hair, it was still noticeable. Everyone was looking at her. The bruises up and down her arms were covered by her sleeves; cuts on her legs, hidden by her jeans. Faldin walked past. She quickly looked away from his fake smile. What else could she do. She looked for a familar face among her classmates. Her friends gave up trying to hang out with her because she kept ditching them for him. She wished she could have all that time back now. She knew better, and walk the rest of the hallway alone.

© 2010 Rae CJ


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
Added on July 2, 2010
Last Updated on July 2, 2010

Author

Rae CJ
Rae CJ

NE



About
I LOVE writing. I would do it 24/7 if I got the chance. I enjoy dancing and playing basketball and will never turn down a good movie more..

Writing
Lifeless Lifeless

A Story by Rae CJ


Don't try this at home Don't try this at home

A Stage Play by Rae CJ