Threat

Threat

A Chapter by Ari and Sylph
"

This is near the beginning. Tao goes bonkers for a little while and tries to kill Kaydra, only to be brutally stopped by Alex. Who's scarier now? (By Sylph)

"
Kaydra
A chilling screech echoed through the halls.
My first thought was "what the flip
are they doing at two o' clock in the morning?"
Then I actually woke up and decided something was very, very wrong judging by the sounds coming from the guys rooms.
I bolted out of my room, barefoot and in my p.j.'s, and ran past the rest of the girl's rooms, through the main room, and into the guy's hallway.
Edvard, Emmett, and Avryn were holding the door while Alex nursed a bloody shoulder.
"What's going on?" I asked, wide eyed.
"Tao went AWOL and attacked Alex!" Avryn shouted, his shoulder pressed against the door as it was pounded against from the inside.
"He does this...sometimes." Edvard said haltingly as the door slammed up against him. "Ever since...he changed...he keeps...losing control. No one...can...actually...predict...when it...happens. We're trying to...find a way...to fix it....but we don't know...what causes it. I think...it happens...when he's...stressed...about something...big." He stopped, panting and trying to keep the now splintering door from opening.
"I had no idea he was so strong." Emmett said through gritted teeth.
"He's stronger than he looks." Alex said, panting in pain. "Alot stronger. Always has been. What's worse, when he gets like this, he's pretty much the strongest thing I've ever seen. He took down a pretty good sized dragon once, and I had to keep him from killing it."
"Well how did you manage that?" Edvard growled as the door splintered beside his head.
"I dunno, he just...listened."
Tao's hand broke through the door and ripped the corner out of the frame.
"Oh, he listened." Emmett huffed, his eyes closed against the rain of splintered wood. "What about now?"
"Don't think so." Alex said "Seriously, he did this," he moved his hand away from his bloody shoulder, much to the distress of Edvard,"and - ohcrapgetawayfromthedoor!"
They bailed as fast as humanly(or otherwise) possible.
And I thought doors only exploded in movies.
When I uncovered my face, I took an involuntary step backwards at the sight of Tao. His shoulders were hunched forward and covered in splintered wood and dust. He held his hands like claws, which made sense as it looked like he suddenly had claws too. But honestly, the scariest thing was his eyes. There was a predatory glint in them, and they were suddenly so red, it seemed like they were imitating fire.
It turns out, that was a very bad move on my part.
His attention immediately snapped to me, and he growled, his voice deeper than I'd ever heard it before.
Instinctively, I took an aggressive stance and growled back, flattening my ears back against my head. Which may have been a bad move, but i didn't do it on purpose.
He roared, animalisticly, and attacked like some sort of angry wild cat, or dog or something with lots of claws and teeth.
I was fighting back pretty well...until he broke my wrist.
I was a little freaked out, as Tao was poised to kill me, when Alex came out of nowhere and slammed him against the wall. He let him drop to the ground, then knelt in front of him and held his face so he has to look him in the eye.
"I don't care how little control you have," He growled, looking almost scarier than Tao had, "that is a line you do not cross."
As Tao's eyes faded back to normal, I noticed a blue glow on Alex's neck. His rune had been glowing the whole time he was stopping Tao.
So maybe we all have something that makes us strong.
Ari
Why must I always seem to walk in at the wrong time?
Imagine getting up in the middle of the night, walking to the boys dorm, and finding your boyfriend's shape smashed into the wall, and his cousin grabbing him in a practical chokehold and threatening him, all the while your best friend is holding her broken wrist.
"Oh. Hi Ari." Tao slurred with a punchy tone.
ONE too many hits to the head with a brick wall.
"What is going on?!?! I thought he was gonna eat you!!" I shouted. Might as well, considering the fact we've all been loud enough already.
"Good, you've woken up." Alex said cheerfully, patting Tao's head.
    "Wait, woken up..." he said, shaking rubble out of his hair.  "Aw crap, I did it again, didn't I?"
    Eddie nodded panting.
    "...I'm confused." I said slowly, knowing I had obviously missed something.
    "Ah, don' worry." Tao said, still sounding dizzy.  "It's okay.  Everybody's fine."
    "I beg to differ."  Kaydra said through clenched teeth.


© 2010 Ari and Sylph


Author's Note

Ari and Sylph
It might not end up in the book. I'm mostly just posting it to show Ari. Also, this is where we show that Alex's magic really lies in guardianship, and Tao's lies in instigation.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sounds good. It'd make sense of that other thing -- you know what i mean.

Posted 13 Years Ago


haha, actually this is just another note FROM the other author TO the other author.
I think we should actually add it, for kicks.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

375 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 2, 2010
Last Updated on August 3, 2010


Author

Ari and Sylph
Ari and Sylph

not gonna tell ya!! ^_^



About
Ari: First of all, my name is pronounced Ah-ree. I'm a poet, an artist(mainly manga) a composer and my favorite type of writing is fantasy. Being a famous writer has been my dream ever since I could.. more..

Writing
Ryde Ryde

A Book by Ari and Sylph