Sleepy Alex

Sleepy Alex

A Chapter by Ari and Sylph
"

Alex is sleepy. Hmm, I wonder why? Maybe his roommate has something to do with it...

"

Ari's Perspective

"Alex, has something been on your mind lately?"

"Hmm?" he said, lifting his head from his hand. "Oh. It's nothing. Everything's fine." he finished off with laying his head on my shoulder.

"Alright. Well, I was wondering if you could possibly help me out with Andromed. He's been having a hard time healing with that leg."

"That's great, hun."

"He never really healed after that attack, and that was three weeks ago."

"Great."

I glanced at him, surprised. He was extremely out of it. His eyes were glazed over, and almost completely shut. I decided to see wether or not he was actually listening.

"After all of that happened, a hoard of vicious flying monkeys attacked me and stole my hairpin, and it made me angry, so I stomped at them with those boots you still need to remind me to buy because they would have been really helpful to use right then."

"Uhuh."

"And the whole planet is going to blow up because you've stopped listening."

"Hmm? Sorry, say that again?"

"...You're... really tired, aren't you??" I asked.

After a pause and a yawn, he said, "Yeah. I'm sorry. I'm just not myself today."

"If you're feeling that bad, I could have someone call in sick for you."

"... No... no, that's alright... just...do me a favor?"

"Yeah?"

"Don't move." he said, holding my arm in place and resting his head against my shoulder again.

"A...alright. You must be really tired."

"Mhmm." he mumbled. I had a feeling I was going to be there for a while, so I rested my head against his. At least we're at homeroom, where nobody comes in until after classes are over.

arihaStoSiTtheReforawhilgettingbored

By some unknown miracle, I had managed to get him and I to all of our classes on time. But he seemed even worse after school was dismissed. He napped on my shoulder again until my arm had fallen asleep. I looked up at the clock. Ten O-clock. I stroked his hair and whispered, "Alex..."

His eyes slunk open. "Hmm?"

"I think you'd be able to sleep better in your bed."

"Oh. Yeah. I'm sorry.Again."

" 'S Okay. Hopefully you'll get more rest tonight." I heard him groan softly.

He kissed my forehead softly. "Good Night." he was able to climb to stair number ten, when he tripped.

"Alex!" I shouted. I helped him up, and examined his face. Okay, no bruises. Good. Tao heard the noise and peeked down the hallway from his doorway.

"Poor guy," he said, "He's pretty tired."

"Yeah." I said. "Do you know what's wrong?"

No answer. I helped Alex stand up, struggling to climb the stairs.

"Here. I'll help him up. You can go to your room, Ari."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. It's fine. I'm going there anyway. My room too."

"Okay."

I heard Tao telling Alex he needed crutches.

He still never answered me. And that means something's up.



© 2010 Ari and Sylph


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

360 Views
Added on August 5, 2010
Last Updated on November 22, 2010


Author

Ari and Sylph
Ari and Sylph

not gonna tell ya!! ^_^



About
Ari: First of all, my name is pronounced Ah-ree. I'm a poet, an artist(mainly manga) a composer and my favorite type of writing is fantasy. Being a famous writer has been my dream ever since I could.. more..

Writing
Ryde Ryde

A Book by Ari and Sylph