Chapter Four: Kiara's Great Escape

Chapter Four: Kiara's Great Escape

A Chapter by Ari and Sylph
"

Kiara makes an escape from the notorious Arasmus's dungeon.

"
Kiara’s Perspective
 
  “Don’t give me trouble, you witch. Get in!” the guard hollered at the Red-haired, green-eyed, freckle faced 18 year old otherwise known as me to the ground of the dungeon. Cement raked through my elbows and split open my lips. Dirt encrusted my hair. I lifted my head to reveal a large gash protruding just under my cheekbone. I glared at him defiantly.

    “And don’t even think about busting out. The dungeon penetrates all powers. From now on, the world will never know the life of Kiara Draedok.” He jeered.

    Ugh. I hate catcalls from stupid people. I smirked. “Do us both a favor and shut up. There’s no point in talking if you don’t have something important to say.”

    The guard tromped off as usual because I had won. So he decided to go ridicule somebody else. I turned away from the locked up entry. Not the first time I’d been thrown into this dump. You’d think they’d give up after I’d escaped for the billionth time. Hopefully this time will be my last. I got tired of staring at the dungeon walls where people tally marked what day they were supposed to be released, but then being killed instead. There were rat droppings in the corner of the dungeon giving off a smell that was threatening to make me puke. And that’s saying something coming from me. As the guard left, knowing he wouldn’t notice, I turned to the bottom right corner, in the shadows where I always made my break.

    I felt for a certain brick that they always replaced because of me, and carved the secret symbol.  This was called David’s Gateway, and it’s worth more than just getting you to heaven. I muttered the passwords and lit my hands. Yup, I know. I’m a flamethrower.  Isn't THAT just  special?

    The symbol lit up and spun silently, and then the bricks, though they were still there, became easy to walk through. I laughed at their stupidity. I’d done this multiple times and they still haven’t figured it out. As soon as I stepped in, the hole became a tunnel. As I clawed through the long, slender, never ending tunnel, I relived how this game of hide and seek even began.

    Walking with Professor Cobbletone to the school on a tour with my parents, stepping into the carriage, finding all the supplies the school needed, and finding out how to use my powers.

    But the Dark Lord ruined all of my plans. He killed my parents in this very same dungeon after being tortured for 24/7. I started a rebellion of my own to bust all of our Ryders out, but I was eventually thrown into the prison myself, leaving all my dreams behind. The second time, I bailed out and found my friends had kept the rebellion going in secret.

    Yet, I was found again, alone. Thank heaven I was alone. But that’s why I’m here. It was a good thing no one knew how to open David’s Gate, or I’d be in trouble. As I crawled near the heart of the tunnel, which was right beneath the Dark Lord’s quarters, I could finally stand up.  I overheard him shriek, “What do you mean ‘she’s not dead!!!’ I told you to finish her off years ago! I want her head!”

    Overhead, I heard breaking glass, and a dull thud. I gulped. I hoped the ‘she’ they were talking about wasn’t me. The thought of getting caught again-though I wouldn’t admit it if you asked- made me shudder. With that thought in mind, I picked up my pace until it got to the point that if I went any faster, I’d meet the floor.

 As I neared the end, I whistled to one of my pets. I finally met the end of the tunnel, and the Gate closed completely, without a trace. Damion flew toward the ground, wings open. It looked at me with an unreadable expression.

    “Come on, Damion. You can do it. We’ll have you fixed up as soon as we get somewhere outta here.”

    My dragon wheeled into the sky, and with a flash, we were invisible. You would have to be here or they’d shoot you down.



© 2010 Ari and Sylph


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

394 Views
Added on August 6, 2010
Last Updated on August 6, 2010


Author

Ari and Sylph
Ari and Sylph

not gonna tell ya!! ^_^



About
Ari: First of all, my name is pronounced Ah-ree. I'm a poet, an artist(mainly manga) a composer and my favorite type of writing is fantasy. Being a famous writer has been my dream ever since I could.. more..

Writing
Ryde Ryde

A Book by Ari and Sylph