Early Risers Anonymous

Early Risers Anonymous

A Story by Cherrie Palmer
"

just thinking on paper

"
I find too many of my days now start at 03:30. A racing mind will wake me. Then, of course, my aging back will cause me to rise. This morning's headache drove me to a hot shower. It’s much too early to dry my hair, so no attempt will be made today to tame the curl. I gather my glasses and phone; which has become my personal assistant. Not to mention said phone is my twenty-four hour a day library card. My newest conquest a short 69-page book, written by Jack Daniels, the writer, not the label. Though the later has created its own fair share of stories. 

A dim light at the end of the house lights my path. In the early hours of the day, there are two types of people. Lights on, or lights off I enjoy the quiet melding of dark to silence. So, my ritual of opening the curtains begin. Thick clouds blot out my stars and in their place snowfalls. The coffee pot is now percolating and morning yoga is observed. With the completion of my morning routine, I read from Psalms and mull over our latest challenge.   

All the facts are weighed and considered. Not that it matters our very nature will govern this outcome. A responsibility that will last our lifetime. I resolve to lay my concerns down and wait to see what tomorrow holds, but it seems the denouement is set and one more plate will grace our table.

© 2019 Cherrie Palmer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Would it be wrong to say that i felt as if i were
there, in your shadows, seeing, near feeling the effots gently made, seeing the harmony of time, the thoughts and experiences of being alone - contentedly. Seems whatever you've experienced in this supberly well written piece, you take each minute with respect.. and right up to the very end, treat that minute with the same.

Calm as calm and.. reverent.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cherrie Palmer

5 Years Ago

Thank you Emma, if you get up early enough you join me for yoga:)
emmajoy

5 Years Ago

If i could get there in time, i cewrtainly would, Cherrie" Will keep you company in spirit, doing g.. read more



Reviews

The beginning of a new start for all such beauty in it where we can make of it what will will and await whats meant to be - knowing all shall be well- wonderful words and images painted 🌹

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 5 Years Ago


Cherrie Palmer

5 Years Ago

:) thank you
Isn't that when everyone's day starts? I can't remember when I last missed 2:30am. It becomes an unbreakable habit once started.
Even in the cold, the night time garden calls me in, and without the colour of day, the scents increase, filling me with calm, until I realise my a*s id numb and instead watch from the safety and warmth of the other side of the glass in the kitchen window.
:)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 5 Years Ago


Cherrie Palmer

5 Years Ago

Lol sounds like we need a support group
Lorry

5 Years Ago

Support group...chair....rail....:)
yep, for me the adage "early to bed, early to rise" has a whole different meaning these days. But I can't stay up later to adjust the waking.... one more once, keep 'em coming.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 5 Years Ago


Cherrie Palmer

5 Years Ago

I know, I worked midnight's for so many years. Once I wake up it's all over.
Count me in Cherrie... this is super.. sounds a lot like my days and nights here on this side of the pond... Glad I got here first too... a real treat.... Neville

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 5 Years Ago


Cherrie Palmer

5 Years Ago

:) glad to see you too.
Neville

5 Years Ago

Cheers Cherrie... that has such a nice ring to it... :)

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

644 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 13, 2019
Last Updated on January 14, 2019

Author

Cherrie Palmer
Cherrie Palmer

Oakland, AR



About
I am a published poet and love poetry. I live near the White River, and love trout fishing. I find my surroundings a great inspiration to me. I also have two books on Amazon Kindle: Obsession Starts.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Vision The Vision

A Chapter by Cherrie Palmer