Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Dennis
"

I hate my sister.

"

Sometimes, I dream that I'm not on Earth anymore.

Why? Well, on Earth, everyone expects something of me. Everyone expects me to get good grade, behave correctly, not swear because I'm a ‘polite young lady that will respect everyone’. They expect me to socialize with people that dont do drugs and don't want to kill themselves. They expect me to draw realistic art with bright colors, not dark-skinned people in an anime-like style that wear black clothing and have a knife somewhere near them. The world expects me to get married to a nice, kind man, have sex with him, and have babies. That's how the world is supposed to work.


In the world that I dream, everyone is free to be whoever the hell they want. The adults that watch over me in this alternate universe don't expect me to get perfect grades, because they are loving parents and give me hugs when I get anything over a B and don't comment when I get anything below that. I can scream as many swear words I need to when I drop something on my toe and everyone won't scream or tell on me. I have friends of all kinds in this world- Friends that look like normal people, animals, people of color, people that are white, suicidal people, drug addicts, everyone. My art style and any other kind of art style that others draw in is marveled over, and Im not raised being told to marry a man and have children with him, I'm raised being told to make my own decisions. That's how the world should work.


Unfortunately, after I'm about halfway through these dreams, I wake up. Sometimes it's from the radio, sometime my mom singing down in the kitchen, sometimes it's my sister jumping on my bed.


This time, it was my sister.


Damnit, Marria, I wanted to tell her. Unfortunately, I knew what would happen if I did say that. She would go running down stairs, shouting, ‘Mommy! Juli swore!’ and then I would get screamed at for at least a minute, with that small blonde s**t standing in the door, a smirk on her face.


“Get off me, Mars,” I said instead.


“Don't call me Mars!” Was the reply.


“Don't jump on my bed.” I shot back, and she grumbled, getting off.


I yawned, scratched my stomach, and got up.


“Wait! You can't go down! Your in your pyjamas!” She shouted as I opened the door. “Dads down there! Mom always tells you not to go down only in that shirt when he's down there!”


I shrugged. Our father was a good man, Marria just overreacted a lot. She thought that you shouldn't show more skin then needed to a man, no matter what age or relationship you had with that man.


The other reason my sister might have told me not to go down was because I was only wearing a large shirt with cats in swimsuits on it, and a tiny pair of shorts that she had for some weird reason give me on my birthday.


The first thing I saw when I went into the kitchen was my mom, on the  computer. Father came out of the pantry a moment later, with a new jug of juice.


“Juliya! Why aren't you wearing clothing?” She screamed. “Your a proper young lady, and should be wearing a shirt a preferably a skirt!”


I frowned at the ‘young lady’ and ‘skirt’ parts. I never really liked being referred to as a lady, which is probably the main reason my hair is short and I don't wear skirts. But I don't like it when people mistaken me for a male, either, so I guess I was just weird.


Mother shoved some clothes at me, and then shoved me into the bathroom to change.


Thirty minutes later, after breakfast, I had everything packed up and was walking to school with Marria.


“Hey, Jules!” Someone shouted, and I found my friend Adda running up behind me.


“Hey,” I replied.


Run!” was the answer, and I looked back again to see… Nothing.


“Adda, Im not falling for this again.”


“Damn you!” She grumbled. My sister looked up as Adda said this, her small eyes going wide as she muttered somthing along the lines of, ‘she swore!’.


“Well, hurry up, Jules, my friend, my buddy, my pal, because I am motherfreakin’ hungrey!” Adda sang.


“No.”


She grumbled again, but didn't speed up to get to the school(and vending machines in the school) faster.


In frount of the school, people wandered around, waiting for the doors to open. Of course, the first place Adda went was over to Cairece.


“Heeeeey, girl!” Adda called. She wrapped her long arms around the smaller girl. “Lookin’ hot today, Rece!” Rece laughed, but soon pushed off the taller one.


I frowned. Their relationship was strange- sometimes, they were all touchy-feely, other times, Rece couldn't even stand to be near the other girl. I had never really worked up the courage to ask what they were.


“My boy, you are freaking heavy!” Rece said, playfully slapping Adda’s arm.


She smiled back.


“Ive got them muscles, ya see!”


I shook my head, then walked away. Under a nearby tree, I saw two people.


“Oi!” I shouted, running up to the pair.


The girl jumped. Her name is Lanie. Lanie is big scardy-cat, im amazed she hasnt screamed loud enough to make me deaf yet.


“Hey,” said the other person.


This is Auggie. Its short for August, and everyong but me and Lanie call him.


I sat down on the other side of Lanie. These two are the people I concider my bestfriends.


“So, you two together yet?” I teased. A shoe hit my face a second later.


“Hey! Is that my greating?” I shouted at Lanie, laughing. I grabbed the shoe from where it had landed on my lap, got up, and ran directly into my sister.


The three of us look up at the small blonde, whos giving us that look. You know, the evil one.


“Hey, Short One.” Auggie says in greeting.


Marria frowns, then stomps off. A tall girl is standing near the building, and thats where my sister goes. This tall girl is what I beleive is her best friend, Nami.


They are complet opposites in all but one way- theyre both b*****s.


Nami spends most of her time towering over people, looking over their shoulders, and asking about things that have nothing to do with her.


Marria is the small, sneaky, and innocient one. Shes the one that befriends the new kids, then blackmails them after becoming friends. I cant even concider her my sister anymore, after what she did to some of my friends.


The bell rang, and I waved goodbye to my friends. They had gym, and had to walk around the back of the school.


At least they had a class together. So far, I knew almost no one in any of my classes, despite the fact that it has been almost two weeks scense school started.



© 2017 Dennis


Author's Note

Dennis
im a bad writer so feel free to criticise me

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enjoyed reading this, I don't think you're a bad writer everyone has different writing styles. However there are a few spelling mistakes, other than that it's good and I'm looking forward to reading more.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 8, 2017
Last Updated on February 8, 2017
Tags: sibling problems, siblings, school


Author

Dennis
Dennis

About
Dennis/TheyThem/beginning writer more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Dennis


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Dennis