How I Was Supposed To Meet Your Mother

How I Was Supposed To Meet Your Mother

A Story by Chinmay
"

A realistic, possible way a guy could've met his lover.

"
I was in my second year of Engineering, learning programming and stuff. That particular day I had a lunch break. So I went to the Cafe House and ordered a Rice Plate. My dish was getting ready and I was standing there, waiting for my order. The kitchen guy passed a Manchurian rice outside. The second guy at the service counter took it and placed it on the table, where customers/students are handed out their orders. The dish was placed near me, but I hadn't ordered that, I knew it. A small, fragile hand appeared from my right, and I immediately passed the dish towards the hand and turned my head towards the body of the hand. And she was there...

No, I won't say she was very beautiful. She was just above average. Or maybe nearly average. Short hairs, almost a pixie cut. Her body was tiny, and slim. You might even call her weak. In short, she wasn't your definition of a gorgeous woman. But I liked her instantly. As I've said before, 'like' at first sight is more realistic and actually happening than 'love' at first sight. I think I might've liked her because:
1) She had short hair ( I am a sucker for that ).
2) I haven't been near a girl in like ages (even though I am straight).

So basically, whatever the reason may be, I was feeling something undescribable. Like the feeling you get when you are buying new sports shoes, or having ice cream after dinner.

The Cafe was full, and she sat somewhere near to the counter where I could see her. My order came, and I searched for a spot for myself. Now I thanked God because He does not play Dice; the seat in front the The girl was empty. So I went there.
"May I sit here ?" I asked. Although it wasn't necessary, we all used to ask that before sitting next to someone eelse we didn't knew. It was kinda habit of all us students.
"Yes" she said softly, almost like a whisper.
So I sat there making me and my bag comfortable. She was eating her rice, never looking up or around her. I ate some, then stared at her for a millisecond, then looked elsewhere. I didn't like staring at other people, because it was rude and the other person if caught you might consider you a stalker or molester or something. Maybe I was crazy, I mean, young guys can stare at young girls, right ? But nevertheless, I never did it.

I had finished almost half, at every second my anxiety was growing up somehow. I wanted to tell her she was beautiful. I knew that would sound lame and I also knew I wasn't handsome, but sometimes, you have to do what you have to do.
"You are so beautiful" I spilled out, loud enough for her to hear.
She looked up with a confused face.
"Yes. You!" I conformed her.
"Thank you" she replied, smiling at me.

"So... Which year ?"
"First" said she."I.T. And you ?"
"Second, same branch"

And we went off from there, got in a relationship, then married after a few years.

That was how it was supposed to happen.

I looked around me now. The Cafe was almost empty. I was sitting in the same spot I'd imagined. I saw her sitting elsewhere with her girlfriends, eating and chatting over some obviously stupid topic. And I never got the chance to tell her what I wanted to.

© 2016 Chinmay


Author's Note

 Chinmay
This is kinda inspired from my real life experience. Any suggestions are heartily welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, Chinmay! I loved the story here. The writing is a bit rough, but that can be easily fixed. One part should have she instead of he: "I wanted to tell her he was beautiful." This story was full of the raw, awkward emotion that we can all relate to. I really digged the ending, heartwrenching as it was.

You said this is kind of inspired by your real life experience - some of the best writing is! I hope you find that girl and tell her how you feel. People dont get to hear often enough that they are beautiful.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Takeshi Yamada

8 Years Ago

Telling a girl you think is beautiful that she's beautiful is as easy saying, "You're beautiful." An.. read more
 Chinmay

8 Years Ago

Thnx for your encouragement. I will find her and tell her that. Let's see what happens. Fingers cr.. read more
Takeshi Yamada

8 Years Ago

Consider simply getting the words to her a success. Like writing, you can't control how someone reac.. read more



Reviews

So nice to meet the characters in this story - fantasy and reality side by side, beautifully described!

Haha a title could be

'So rice to meet you'

Posted 8 Years Ago


 Chinmay

8 Years Ago

Nice suggestion. After all, it was rice which started it ! Actually I was testing myself whether I c.. read more
Solar

8 Years Ago

Of course! with flying colours which will grow brighter with every write/re-write.
 Chinmay

8 Years Ago

Thnx for your encouragement.
Wow, Chinmay! I loved the story here. The writing is a bit rough, but that can be easily fixed. One part should have she instead of he: "I wanted to tell her he was beautiful." This story was full of the raw, awkward emotion that we can all relate to. I really digged the ending, heartwrenching as it was.

You said this is kind of inspired by your real life experience - some of the best writing is! I hope you find that girl and tell her how you feel. People dont get to hear often enough that they are beautiful.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Takeshi Yamada

8 Years Ago

Telling a girl you think is beautiful that she's beautiful is as easy saying, "You're beautiful." An.. read more
 Chinmay

8 Years Ago

Thnx for your encouragement. I will find her and tell her that. Let's see what happens. Fingers cr.. read more
Takeshi Yamada

8 Years Ago

Consider simply getting the words to her a success. Like writing, you can't control how someone reac.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 28, 2016
Last Updated on February 28, 2016
Tags: She wasn't your definition of a

Author

 Chinmay
Chinmay

Pune, Shivajinagar, India



About
A normal guy who's life somehow isn't normal. more..

Writing
He He

A Story by Chinmay


Memory I Memory I

A Chapter by Chinmay