MUSIC OF THE RAIN

MUSIC OF THE RAIN

A Story by Rimmee

                                               
                                                                                                                                                                                             

The clock struck 12. I was almost ready to go to bed. The day had been hectic and tiresome, unlike other days. The door of my room opened and a silent breeze past over me. Making way through my body, it gently kissed my soul. Its arrival after months seemed to convey a familiar message to me. Then it held my hand and took me outside towards the veranda. And there I saw something that I had been waiting for months. Yes, it was the first rain of the year!! Once again, my soul felt the touch, but this time, it was the wind. It had brought with it a few drops of rain which trickled down my cheeks.

Though it was the first rain of the year, it seemed as though the rain drops lacked some fine preparation. I could hear them; a pattern, but where was the melody they used to sing? The voice sounded familiar but it lacked music. Then I heard the same voice speaking to me,”Do you remember the day when you had danced to my tune? That day you had laughed and smiled and were so full of mirth. Do you remember how happy you were to see? But today your eyes seem to be filled with morose. They lack that happiness. “Till then my mind was preoccupied with my own thoughts and troubles. After hearing this, I came to know why the voice had sounded so familiar to me. I had heard a similar voice long way back. It seemed as though the voice of the rain repeated an old tale. It spoke of an old love of whose tune I had once danced to.”

Months have changed, years have passed and that moment has become a memory etched in my heart today. Many things have changed over the past few years, except for the hearts that beat as one. The drops of rain have hardly changed with the changing season. They still remember that fine afternoon when they had sung of our love tale. They still remember the day when the steps of my feet had synchronized with the beats of rain. How melodious was the music that spoke of a certain tale �" yes, my love tale. Where have they all gone? They slipped from my hand with the sands of time.

They say time waits for none. But someday somewhere time had been still for a moment. And it was that moment when I had danced to the music of the first rain. My lips had smiled in the midst of million raindrops in that afternoon. I’m still not sure whether the rain missed my dance or I missed its song. Who knows what was it ! But today, the rain drops of a foreign land speak of the same tale. They are a million witnesses of my only love. Today once again, time was still for a moment. And the only thing that has changed is the moment which has now become a mere memory. Once again I heard a familiar voice in this foreign land �" a voice that was silent!

© 2017 Rimmee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This beautiful story brought tears. My soul struggles to find the tune and also the dance. Perhaps I will simply dance until the rain finds me and I can hear the music again. You have a beautiful talent for expressing the things of the heart.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rimmee

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much K. MacLugh :) I am glad that you liked my story.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
1 Review
Added on August 20, 2017
Last Updated on August 20, 2017
Tags: memories, nostalgia, reminiscence, love

Author

Rimmee
Rimmee

Visakhapatnam, India



Writing