Grandparents - Our greatest treasure

Grandparents - Our greatest treasure

A Story by Rimmee

                 
                                

We miss some of the most blissful things among the crowd of our hectic life. It is sad to see that children now-a-days have lost the golden chance of living a genuine childhood, free from virtual world and worries. Gone are the days when children used to play gilli danda. Those days brought so much of fun and laughter �" days when we had real conversations instead of phone. It is so melancholic to see that children are hardly getting time to spend with parents and relatives. We should feel lucky that we have experienced a golden childhood where we slept at night hearing grandma’s bag of stories rather than straining our eyes with kindle.

The ones who have experienced can only know the solace of sleeping in grandparents’ lap and hearing to their thrilling and amusing stories at night. Admit it, they are the best storytellers. Sleeping on terrace with all your family members, and enjoying grandma’s handmade pickle the whole summer can never be replaced with any comfort of this generation. Those golden days just swept away with the arrival of technologies. Do you remember stealing grandma’s pickles in afternoon ?

Going back to my tenth standard, when one of my English teachers beautifully said us,”You are the most luckiest of all if you have a grandparent to share your childhood with. Spend as much time as you can, because time may fly away, but these days of solace may never come back again.” These words struck straight into my heart making me love my grandparents even more.

                                

           binele-fara-jumatati-de-masura-respirotime

Well with time, I got to understand that grandparents are the best gift any child can have. It is one of those life’s beauty that can never be questioned. They make the best part of our childhood and can always bring out the child in us, however older we become. What is a childhood if not spent in the divine aura of your grandparent’s house! The relationship between you and your grandparents are hard to fathom so easily. So if you have a grandparent, never lose any chance to express the tremendous love and care you have for them. Never make them feel alone in their world. And fill their life with beautiful colors.

© 2017 Rimmee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
Added on August 21, 2017
Last Updated on August 21, 2017

Author

Rimmee
Rimmee

Visakhapatnam, India



Writing