Through a colored glass

Through a colored glass

A Story by Rimmee
"

This article will take us into the unforgettable days of childhood when we all used to see life through colored glasses.

"
The day has ended.  And it is night once again...both with out and within. The clouds are staring at me blankly in the same manner as I am.  Tired of  unfinished stories and broken micro tales, my pen is craving hard to write something deep, something that my heart wants to share with the world.  But my mind is still blank today.  What shall I exactly write right now?  Shall I write about the days when ma used to make roasted corn for us  during  the monsoons?  Or shall I speak of those moments when my grand ma used to take me into the land of mythology where I used to meet Mata Sita, Maa Parvati, Lord Shiva and so many more characters who have created a great impact in my heart and life.

Those days were some of the colorful days of life which would elevate my spirit to great ecstasy. Everything was so full of color and bloom. The little 'me' saw life through colored glasses tinted with rose pink, red and ocean blue. It was not always happiness; sometimes sadness wrapped my soul too, but there was a certain innocence in all the good and not- so- good happening around me. And today when I open my assignment notebooks and pdfs, those tiny heart - sinking  'peacock' notebooks start appearing before me which contain my little multiplications and additions. They seem so pretty and innocent to me today and so do those gruesome days when I used to come back home mumbling about my next day maths problems to be solved. Weren't those 'homeworks' more lovely than these eye draining assignments! How badly I miss those innocent 'homeworks'! I may get a million more assignments and project work in life, but shall I ever get a homework like before !

Now when I feel hungry in mind and not so hungry at stomach, I often have a packet of chips or a haldiram bhel to satisfy myself. But can it ever be able to replace those two rupees 'Jhaal muri' ( chilly puffed rice) we bought outside our school premises? We all had our own special requests to uncle like adding some more or less  'khatta' , potato or chilli into it. I used to prefer the one with more khatta and potatoes. Sprinkling a pinch of masala from every container present, we would be served with the most yummy street snack. Would this formally wrapped bhel ever be able to render us joy like the 'Jhaal muri' offered in handmade cones and newspaper bags did!

I am sitting here still staring at the heavy black canvas, but they are not blank now. I can observe those freshly painted memories of childhood floating so freely without a tinge of fear or suspicion in their paths. Those are the olden memories fleecing in my thoughts...such innocent and beautiful memories. Life is still good and fine today, but I really wish I could see life through colored glass like before. A little tired of these heart sinking assignments and projects, my heart wants to just runaway from this crooked mess at times. A time may come in every college student's life, when he/she would just feel like running away from these undecipherable pieces of s**t. What if we all wake up one morning and receive that pending piece of homework once again! We all would love to solve it in time. Isn't it? Let us hope for that day.

© 2018 Rimmee


Author's Note

Rimmee
Guys, do leave here constructive criticism.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

you took me back effortlessly floating back to your childhood memories and mine own
homework books, handwritten in primary nothing typed
worn covers of readers and primary school and library books stained with youth
i loved your story it was real and the food descriptions made my mouth water
well done loved it

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rimmee

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much Julie. I am glad that you liked my writing. :)



Reviews

you took me back effortlessly floating back to your childhood memories and mine own
homework books, handwritten in primary nothing typed
worn covers of readers and primary school and library books stained with youth
i loved your story it was real and the food descriptions made my mouth water
well done loved it

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rimmee

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much Julie. I am glad that you liked my writing. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
1 Review
Added on October 20, 2018
Last Updated on October 20, 2018
Tags: Love, life, childhood, memories, memorabilia, old_days, happiness, joy, fun, contentment, article, memoir, story

Author

Rimmee
Rimmee

Visakhapatnam, India



Writing