Sharon

Sharon

A Poem by Chris Yip
"

A "Nobody's heartbreak love for "Beauty"

"

    

                                                                                                                                              

         



     




                            



                                             Sharon

                                         

                                            Oh Sharon

                                         

                                    How I loved you so

   

                                   You will never know

                                  

                                   How you hurt me so

                               

                         Why did you come into my life?

                               

                                     I will never know

                           

                          I tried my best to avoid you so

                

              But my suffering seemed to make you thrive

                

                       Why couldn’t you leave me alone?

               

                     You were the Angel I could not have

               

                 Because my whole world was like a cave

            

                  Oh, how I longed for you day and night

          

                             Your loveliness and charm

        

                                       I could not fight

                  

                             I confessed my love for you

             

                                     That fateful night

                

                                   But you rejected me

                

                                   With all your might

                

                                            You said

                   

                                     I wasn’t first best

               

                              Neither was I second best

               

                              Nor was I even third best

                

                             That was all you could say

                 

                                  At the end of the day

             

                           You walked out of the room

              

                                     Leaving me alone

               

                            All my hopes were dashed

         

                             With your words so brash

         

                           Cutting my heart like a knife

         

                                          Oh, Sharon

           

                          I really wanted you for a wife!

                                   

                  

                   

                                    

                               

                                  

© 2012 Chris Yip


Author's Note

Chris Yip
Based on something from the past

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

If the picture is of the woman? I would be very sad also. I like the way you told the story of the love affair gone wrong. Woman can lead us to paradise and hell in the same minute. Thank you for sharing the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

we all have those "what if" moments...but then again...would you have had the blessing you have now...if a different choice was made? Maybe yes...maybe no...guess you'll never know.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Your emotions are flowing here .. Great poem :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


A very expressive piece. Full of emotion and tragedy. I like the simplicity of it with this straightforward, to the point words. I really enjoyed this one!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You've expressed your sadness aswell as your love for Sharon beautifully in this poem. Well done.
xx

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow i loove this piece! i love everything about it! youve got talent sir! mind checking out some of my stuff? thanks :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

We've all been in this situation, I know I have. I can relate to this, and so can everyone else who read it, which makes it great, and adds to the re-readability!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
lei
that's really hurt... but pain can be a useful tool to make a beautiful masterpiece...
she's not the one for you, someone's best is out there for you....

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ouch that hurt. God I know how that pain feels. I relate to your words easily.
If you are truly speaking from a experience of the heart, this negative part of your life has created a beautiful poem in its place.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris,
I don't know when you wrote this and when sharon removed or at least damaged your heart...but this write was as raw, poignant, and heart wrenching as if it happened yesterday.
If that's a picture of Sharon, then I certainly understand the loss of beauty. She is truly breathtaking....and hopefully this beauty transcended inwardly...
even if it didn't (I'm sure it did), It doesn't make this any easier..only time does.
I'll quote that old adage..."It is FAR greater that we have loved and lost then never to have loved at all." Stupid thing to say to a man who has...but i guess it depends how far in the past it goes....
The poem and the feelings are real and honest. You professed your love beautifully.
Thanks for sharing.
allen

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Based on something from the past? Sounded pretty intense there. Sorry it didn't work out but you have a good poem there. I liked it and can relate.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1052 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 27, 2012
Last Updated on February 27, 2012

Author

Chris Yip
Chris Yip

About
I'm an Interior designer but involved in sales and marketing of construction chemical products now. My experience in writing is limited and this unfinished novel that i am writing now is my first real.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


 Us Us

A Poem by Tate Morgan