Lost Love

Lost Love

A Poem by chris36

Lost Love

By

Christopher L. Lisenbee

 

I once thought you were my friend, but now I don’t know why, I once thought you were my first true love, but now I can’t remember why, I thought you loved me, but that was a lie, I trusted you with my world, but you threw it away, once my heart beat in synch with yours, but now it is lifeless and still, I once thought you were as beautiful as the sunrise, but now your beauty has faded with the dew.

You once found comfort within my arms, but now they have become your cell, I once whispered sweet love into your ears, but now all we do is yell. You were once my hero, but now you have fallen. I once thought you were special, but now I see you were in hell. I promised you forever, but you had crossed your fingers. We once made love to the rhythm of the rain, but now pain is all that remains. You once had said that time heals all wounds, but still my heart is broken. You seem strangely unaffected, by how far I have fallen.

I gave up but you reached out, but I knocked your hand away. We are both to blame, for the flame going out. Now we scream into the dark, hoping that someone cries out. When you were weak, I was strong, when I was weak, you were wrong. Now there is no way to say that I was wrong, so I guess we have to say so long.

© 2013 chris36


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

love has its own ways...jump on us and we dont even know....
its a easy yet meaninful write...thanks for sharing... ^^

Posted 10 Years Ago


Great thoughts and rhyme, but I would prefer to see it written in verse form as it would be easier for me to follow if it were. Perhaps it is easier for you to post it as prose. Aside from my preference, your thoughts are well formed and have a good flow. My favorite line is: I once thought you were as beautiful as the sunrise, but now your beauty has faded with the dew." You strike powerful imagery with this line.
Lost love is tragic for so many! What a Lonely Hearts Club Band it is!!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 19, 2013
Last Updated on September 19, 2013

Author

chris36
chris36

IL



About
I am a paramedic from Illinois and I guess a starving artist, I have written two books and published one through publishamerica and yes I know what that means, so please don't comment on that. check o.. more..

Writing
Fear Fear

A Poem by chris36



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


One last dive One last dive

A Poem by ron