The Rain

The Rain

A Story by Naps
"

He looks to end all pain in his life.

"

The rain poured down on the hill. It was heavy, heavy rain but no flood warning was issued. No need for one because all the rain water accumulated in a lake. It was the favorite hangout spot of the High School kids. But not today. The rain drove them into their homes. It was an empty desolate area. Not a soul in sight, except for one.


He sat alone on a bench looking over the water. He was there for a long time, the water rising slowly and inching closer to him. His hair was watered flat and stuck to him like glue. There was a scar along his brow above his bloodshot eyes. Water dripped down his chin that was covered in scruffy hair.The rain had covered the trace of tears on his face. His green sweater had a grey trim on the collar that turned black in the weather. In his hands he held the shards of his glasses, he rested them on his blue faded slacks. And his black converse were soaking in a puddle. The laces on his shoes were worn down and ready to tear, they hung together on a thin lace. He sat in silence for ages.


“James?” An echo in the distance. The feminine voice cried out from his right and grew louder as time passed on. He didn’t move. “James? Oh my god James it’s you! I found you!”


She appeared on the dirt path, her black boots covered in mud. She wore black jeans with rips on her left knee and right thigh. They were worn as well, rips along the belt line that were from playful pulling of the loops. A red shirt peaked out of the grey jacket he had given her.


“How long have you been here puppy?”


The silence hung heavy in the air. She sat on his right and saw his eye. She could see the only evidence of tears, his eyes. Placing her right and on the left side of his face she turned it towards her. His eye was swollen, discolored, and bloody. She wanted to help.


“Who did this to you?”


Silence.


He finally spoke “You should get home, I don’t want you getting sick.” She laughed “I came all this way to find you, I’m not leaving without you.”


They sat in silence.


She finally had enough. She began to take of her boots. 


“What are you doing?”

“I am going to go for a swim, do you care to join me?”

“You know it’s 40 degrees right?”

“Perfect weather for a swim.”


Off came her jacket, shirt, and jeans.


“You’re insane.”

“Well whatever I am it’s damn fun.”


She stood in her matching black bra and underwear waiting for him to begin stripping as well. After a long pause she dove into the water… he finally cracked a smile. 


He sat there smirking. As he looked around to see if anyone was coming he felt something hit him. He picked up the black blob and pulled it apart. He had her bra and underwear in his hand.


“Oh really you’re going to do that?”

“Yeah I am, got a problem?”


He stood up with a grin and took off his sweater. She laughed and she watched his olive skin appear from under the cloth. He dove in and threw his wet underwear at her. 


His depression left him. He was living with her in those seconds. All of the pain was forgotten, she always did this for him. Once he was down she was there. The water was going to swallow him, and he was content with it. He thought that it would end all the pain. It would but the healthier option saved him. Pure love saved him.

© 2016 Naps


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on August 2, 2016
Last Updated on August 2, 2016
Tags: Teenage, drama, love, relationships

Author

Naps
Naps

CA



Writing
While Lonely While Lonely

A Story by Naps


Rugby Jargon Rugby Jargon

A Story by Naps


Cigars Cigars

A Story by Naps