STOP

STOP

A Poem by Christel Grady

I wish I could

STOP

Do it all over again

STOP

And remember the way

STOP

We dreamed

STOP

And laughed

STOP

and cried

STOP

And tried

STOP

To make this work

 

© 2008 Christel Grady


Author's Note

Christel Grady
Just processing a break-up. I'm sure there will be more to come.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good. I enjoy this kind of poetry. A blunt and blatant message that is conveyed in an original way, preferably a way that slams you into a wall to get a message across. Thank you for not degenerating into a whole page long of sulky poetry. Keep up the original work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

are all your poems short?

-mike kerr-

Posted 15 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really enjoyed the way you used repetition to express yourself in this poem. The short lines also have a sense of agitation and upset that really added a lot of punch to what you've written here. I think you add to this because it feels as if you haven't pushed this poem as far as it could go. It feels too short to me and I would really love to see where you can take it, if you like of course. There are so many layers to our feelings that it's impossible to get to the bottom of them. Well done :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


Hmmm...original way of expressiong regret and longing for love.
Nice piece.

A.M.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Is this the inner battle between a lover longing for lost memories and a more circumspect self? Haven't we all fought this terrible battle within ourselves at some point in our life?

Very succinctly illustrated.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a very good piece.
I can see the pain that you're feeling, and I personally think it's a very good way to relieve tension.. to write about things such as this.

Thank you for the great read, dear.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow. this is great. in so few words you get your message across. plus it's beatiful. luv it

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The refrain of 'STOP' works really well. It's like you're in someone's head whose trying not to dwell on all the pain and regret as keeps asserting their positive talk, which, of course fails in the light of such powerful emotions. Simple but very effective.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
JRB
love lost was never found, its just a passing of whats coming. enjoyed it,
Jan/uisiom

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Painfully invented, and well written, heartwrenching in ways christel,
the form is captivating because it accentuates the reasoning,
and what it means to want, regret and move on- in the same stratus.
Written in essence to the concept, You have a great way with minimal wording.
artful and convicting, Nicely done.




Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 4 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

909 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 2, 2008
Last Updated on October 2, 2008

Author

Christel Grady
Christel Grady

Portland, OR



About
"I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." James Madison .. more..

Writing
frank frank

A Poem by Christel Grady



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..