Chapter Thirteen All or Nothing First Look 7/25-7/28

Chapter Thirteen All or Nothing First Look 7/25-7/28

A Chapter by Christian Lebron
"

The spell-binding battle to end what was started

"

Chapter Thirteen: All or Nothing

 

 

 

 

James eyed the sleekly base that waved from the opening of the Foucol of Almodar a mile away. Dimmed hazes shadowed the many valiant men and women joined in the alliance of the son of their once king. He lured everyone onto the remaining pavements centering the ruins. Each mind was either packed with tension or an unrelieved emotion of death creeping beneath their feet. They lost sight to one image then another at every angle. James thought of an ambush waiting for their influx from the lack of sound. "Look!" one of Lander’s warriors bawled directing his finger at the caving hills around the vestiges. "So what do we do now", Charles gulped nervously. "What we will do is wait for their move", James addressed. Alex imagined ways to elude from Artavius who detained him by the collar of his shirt. Artavius slowly freed the boy and stepped next to the edge of the mount with Aurora and Abegail, projecting his voice among then all. "James my nephew; It has been surprisingly foolish of you to gain such pride in destroying my possession, but on this day you have put these witches and wizards alongside you in an abomination, but I say this to you all one last time; join the side of your true majesty, for life will extend my measure to fulfill all your wanting. But if you attend to die then let it not halt yourself. It’s your choice to think about". All below back down in joining his side of darkness for there is only one king to rule his proper throne. Artavius smiled and turned to Alex. "You see boy, not everyone can live, especially their betrayal towards their rightful king". Alex looked at Barthalomae whose eyes obtained a yielding side of his sentiments behind the chrome masked helmet. "Barthalomae; you know what to do". "Archers! Aim your fire!" The thousands lifted their bows and pulled back their arrows, ready to set fire. Barthalomae paused for seconds, unsure to say orders. "FIRE!" One arrow after the other fled up soon descending towards James and the army. They walked back a step terrified from what they’ve seen right above them like a swarm of lotus, shading the sky. Lander stepped forward and raised his hand. "Uncle, don’t do this!" James cried. James my boy, you surely underestimate your uncle", Lander returned, smirking at the arrows. A clear force barricaded the arrows, turning them into specks similar to sand, landing athwart the grounds. Artavius snarled and charged down the slanted hill. "NO-O!" he yelped thrusting the Sword of Salzmora unleashing a puissant plasmic bolt targeting James. Sky seekers, grivanders, vaniguards, werewolves, and giant trolls emerged their way down along with Artavius. James places his staff against his face blocking the energy of the bolt. The sky seekers dived over the army collecting and tossing them in the air. The giant trolls with their reddish-brown flesh and eyes rimmed with yellow launched massive boulders from the surface blundering the fighter’s heads. They situated themselves, set for battle. Rosabelle and Charles stood next to James looked intently upon the enemy. Both sides clashed in collision casting every magic charm they knew. Artavius continue firing the plasmic bolts at James who flung them to the side with the staff. Artavius then shouted and blew James into a pillar. James flipped back from a troll thrashing his warhammer, denting the concrete. James ran through broken structures. The giant troll swung his weapon rapidly, chasing James. It then threw is warhammer that killed a few of the Slanghorn warriors, but the troll desperately wanted James. James turned around and crystals of ice froze the monstrous beast. James pulled back his left hand bending his finger tips then shoving forcible energy exploding the troll to chunks of ice knocking several of vaniguards beside him. Werewolves moved hastily after Milo, suspecting the he was an easy kill from his blindness. He could sense their coming and prepared his bow and arrow. One shot soon multiplied to four killing the wolves through their heads. He then yanked out his dagger, flinging it at a vaniguard’s torso at the rear of him. Milo ran quickly up close to a pillar and bounced on one to another from their mid section and held onto a sky seekers back. The seeker roared furiously spitting fire upward. It snapped its mouth attempting to take hold of Milo losing grip from its spiny thorns. Milo stood with balance and aimed his arrow at its cranium, but the seeker dipped in a 90 degree angle. It pulled upward and soared onto the wreckage and flipped upside down. Afterwards it twisted and glided through the ruins. Milo returned on standing and aimed back to his target. Carefully, he darted his arrow at its head and shot the beast down. He and the seeker crashed over the bricks and stones. Milo flipped above and landed back on the basis, while the sky seeker came to a stop. James tried escaping the explosions and remnants, until Artavius met his rival and hurled fire at James. James blocking the flames with wind and blasted bolts at Artavius. The sword gained the energy of the bolts and fired at a column, bursting pebbles at James. James fell and hauled himself behind a wall as Artavius hurled flaming explosions all around him. Warriors were springing everywhere from the impact. Alex merged as fast as he could to get away with the book. Rosabelle potted him and took him from the arm. "Hey Alex, I’m Rosabelle, a friend of James and Charles. We only need you to do one thing to end this war". "I know; destroy the book, but it can only be destroyed if the Sword of Almorra pierces it". "Follow me Alex; I’ll protect you". Alex steadily followed Rosabelle thoroughly passing by raging fire and plasmic bolts. Rosabelle flexed her arm with her fist closed firmly shielding bolts, cracking the shield she casted. Rosabelle gestured her palms almost as if she was rubbing a crystal ball and confounded a blustery wind gust throwing vaniguards away from them. A fiery flame raced towards Rosabelle, but Alex blocks the blaze, noticing Abegail walking near them both. "Ha, look who decided to fight; the scrawny tramp". "Tramp my a*s". "I believe this moment will be your end". "Talk for yourself". "We’ll see". Rosabelle and Abegail went at it and casted back and forward. One was either shooting out spells or blocking them. Soon they stopped for one full minute staring each other in the eyes. Before you know it Rosabelle casted water, while Abegail casted fire locking together. Rosabelle checked Alex if he was okay, but a grivander swept him of his feet. "Alex!" the spells no longer collided after Rosabelle lost Alex. Abegail choked Rosabelle from her whip wrapped around Rosabelle’s throat. Rosabelle dragged herself on the ground and suddenly, Abegail electrocuted the whip injecting excruciating pain in Rosabelle’s system. "No!" Charles screamed cutting the whip in half releasing an immense bolt that writhed Abegail through a brick wall. Rosabelle eliminated the piece of the whip and came back up holding Charles hands.



© 2011 Christian Lebron


Author's Note

Christian Lebron
!!spoiler!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

443 Views
Added on July 25, 2011
Last Updated on July 25, 2011
Tags: werewolves, magic, wizards, witches, battle, fight, war, darkness, romance, vampires, humor, fantasy, fictional, killing, mystery


Author

Christian Lebron
Christian Lebron

Jacksonville, FL



About
It is my ability to entertain others with extraordinary adventures that will make you want to flip through every page. Hopefully there will be someone in the world that would notice that many youngste.. more..

Writing