Words

Words

A Poem by Christina May Shanaberg
"

A depiction of how it feels to be a writer!

"

WORDS

 

Words, words, words;

Why so many, many words;

What can I, possibly, say,

That wasn't uttered, yesterday;

Can I hope that, as you're reading,

You'll understand what I'm feeling;

I'll take you to a place,

Time will never be able to erase;

I want you to be beside me

And to see what my memories see;

Inside my dreams, I will take you

And there is nothing you need to do;

Hold on to my feeble words,

So, I may show you all my worlds;

My hope is that you may grow

To understand what I show;

I have lived hard and long,

But I've learned to be very strong;

I would love to ease your pain

Or be a ray of sunshine, during rain;

Your smile will be my fortune,

As I drink water, at the oasis beyond this dune;

I don't need you to agree with me;

Just, allow my words to be free;

Words, words, words;

Why so many, many words?

 

     Afterwards,

 

          You'll, always, have "my" words!

© 2010 Christina May Shanaberg


Author's Note

Christina May Shanaberg
When reflecting on the finality of life, writers remember their legacy of infinite words!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Our focus is dedicated to our own lifetime, creating our own words through what we have studies of others. It is impossible to read all the works of everyone else that ever existed, but it is essential that we add to that sea of ever expanding ideas, giving ourselves the ability to influence others through the power of our words..

I enjoyed reading this. The construction and plot went over very well, flowing nicely and ending perfectly. I liked it! Thanks for sharing:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

words are a vehicle which you used to cut in and out of the page like a racing thought running to the finish line in your life written to the writer's pace......good stuff

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Breathtaking...it put a lump in my throat! Sounds like the words of a wonderful writer and mother combined. Definatly goin into the favs!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really enjoyed the repetition with the "words". It really set the flow of the poem and made it enjoyable to read. Gotta say though, I wasn't thrilled about the over-excessive placement of the commas in the third and fourth lines. It did set the flow of reading I guess... it's probably just my firm editor bits about myself that's really against the displacement of commas. Either way... very nice poem. I really liked it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yes, it's interesting how, when writing, you are often struck by a desolate thought that it's all old hat! But then, it is consoling to ponder that your words, when released, will achieve a longevity far beyond the transient nature of your own existence.
This is very good, and is uplifting, I think. Important to hang on to the notion left behind by this poem. And important, too, that your own words are respected enough at least by your own self!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"Just, allow my words to be free" is such a wonderful line. I feel this always as I write, this strong feeling to let the words flow as if they have their own life. The entire poem is well written and I have enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This poem had a nice flow and led the reader along interestedly. The punch line for me was ‘Just, allow my words to be free’ Words take you to a place where the writer wishes and this you have brought out very well, the power of words!



Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i love your creation of words here....

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Yes words can add quickly in a day. I like words myself. In my job we repeat the same words over and over. I get desperate for a real conversation. I like this poem. Made me think this morning. Thank you. A very good poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 5 people found this review constructive.

You give us a reason to speak.. that words are so much more than mere letters and lines, but rich with emotion and love and wisdom. Beautifully spoken!

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Words Words Words...
At least we have them!
Fun write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1250 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 6, 2010
Last Updated on May 6, 2010
Tags: Words, Writer, Writing

Author

Christina May Shanaberg
Christina May Shanaberg

Mount Vernon, OH



About
I am a former member of North Shore Writers' Guild in Willoughby OH. I have had numerous poems published and letters. I am, currently, working on a screen play that I hope will interest my cousin-in.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Smiles Smiles

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Why? Why?

A Poem by Tate Morgan