The Depantsing of America

The Depantsing of America

A Story by Christina May Shanaberg
"

Saggy pants and politics!

"

I am talking to every politician involved in this injustice, thoughout the country!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"We" is the first word of the American Constitution.  And, I intend to tell you what "we" think about this whole issue.  Laws enacted under the under the Constitution of the United States of America are meant, only, to serve and protect the rights of the "people--we."

 

Maybe, some of the "we" are frightened by our youngsters' sagging britches, often displaying bright and colorful inbetweens.  Those "we" think of them as gangsters sporting a prison-like attire; however, the law is not meant to deal with the "we's" personal fears and phobias.  It doesn't matter what some of the "we" feel about this style, personally; under the rights of the Constitution these saggy pantsed youngsters have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.  And, if wearing this particular type of clothing makes those three things come alive in their lives, as a part of the "we," "we" under the Constitution have no right to restrict them or punish them.

 

There is nothing wrong with this fad, except some of the "we" don't care for the look of it.  Their body parts are completely covered and some of the undershorts being displayed are, actually, rather attractive and some quite expensive.  If "we" has a problem with the sight of something, don't look at it.  If this clothing has not threatened the security or happiness of the "we" and the "we" by a majority have not spoken, any such law is a travesty to the intentions

of the founding fathers of the "we."

 

Personally, I don't particularly care for the style, but I was a teenager and understand.  Since all of this hullaballoo started, what I have noticed was an increase of the style that was dying out being sported, in protest.  Being a leftover hippie, myself, I really understand.  I wonder whether a bunch of politicians were out there, then, trying to make that "we" illegal, too.

 

"We--all" need to understand that these laws and proposed laws are a way of overbearing, self righteous politicians forcing their opinions on our society, without the "we's" input/without a vote (communism, in the making.)  This country does not belong to these politicians any more than it does to you, me, and the youngsters that they are persecuting.

 

What is next?  Perhaps, women's handbags, hats, shoes, earrings, tattoos, rap music, our writings, and the list goes on and on.  This country has tried this, time and time again, and failed.  If we let them get away with this, something you like may be the next target.  As Barney Fife would say, "Nip it in the bud; nip it, nip it, nip it!"

 

I would bet, all of the politicians making up these ridiculous laws wear a tie to work, every day, not knowing the horrific origin of the tie.  It started in France, with a piece of material of different colors displayed around their necks, so you knew whom to kill and who not to kill during a war.  How dare they pick on our sons' drawers.

 

Politicians haven't even done the research to understand that, at least, one company has spoiled their plans against our children.  The company that I am speaking of, there may be more, is constructing pants with bloomer like material at the waist and jean material added inches down, making them not covered under the silly laws.

 

This is as stupid as trying to make it illegal for young women to breast-feed their hungry children, in public (what, are they supposed to never leave the house, until their children are weaned.)

 

Young girls flash their spaghetti strapped bras under their spaghetti strapped shirts and, depending on the design of the shirt, displaying the back of the bra and most of the front, sometimes.  How is this any different?  Except, that's right, politicians have a majority of male votes.

 

With 14 states still not having a law against harrassing, maiming, and killing a mentally impaired person being recognized as a hate crime (including mine, Ohio,) I would think that the politicians have more important issues to consider than depantsing our children.  These saggy pants laws themselves are a hate crime, in my opinion.

 

I may be a 55 year old grandmother, but I am so angry about this mess that I am thinking about sporting the look, myself.

 

You would think that the following would have been a better thing to outlaw and "we" are always forced to pay for this unpleasant experience, in our own homes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"We" think that a bunch of American politicians are getting too big for "their" britches and are breaching our right to wear our saggy breeches, if we want to do so.  Perhaps, "they" should be, publically, depantsed.

 

© 2011 Christina May Shanaberg


Author's Note

Christina May Shanaberg
They should be working on making the laws more concise, precise, and more about serving and protecting! And, taxpayers are paying for this?!

If you noticed, the key picture of this saggy style was red, white, and, blue!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think every youth since the beginning of time has made a statement
with fashion as rediculous as it might seem to others. I did it in the 60s-70s
and I'm sure I looked cool in tie dye cut offs and ripped blue jeans. Although
wearing pants that don't fit and look like hand me downs from the Salvation
Army isn't my cup of tea, I don't think anyone has the right to tell you how to
dress and what to wear!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I juggled the reading of this .. read it once, laughed from near start to finish .. then re-read later and accepted a least a little of the serious consideration behind it. When it comes to fashions, they come and go, the more fuss is made about bum blissing, the more it'll continue. Perhaps it would be wiser if the powers that be spend money on the sick, uneducated and homeless instead of creating ridiculous laws about dress code.
By the way, really liked the format of this, and the pic, and the way you've expressed yourself .. i almost forgot the writer, so sorry!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Not a bad story, but I find myself asking why bother? At this point we should be aware that the government enjoys making ridiculous laws with seemingly no rhyme or reason. I am pretty sure there are websites out there with the sole purpose of pointing out those insane laws passed throughout the nation. The world is not fair, the south lost, and we chose 'change'.

As far as an article goes, I feel like it was well written. You got your point across, and you added enough snide comments to keep the mood light. I saw little to no grammar mistakes. The only thing I noticed was that you are a bit comma happy in places, but that is not so big a deal, everyone is. The easiest way to fix that is to read your piece aloud to yourself, your natural pauses in the reading should let you know the best place for commas and what not. Keep writing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I must agree, ridiculous to even consider passing some sort of dress code law...even if I don't like baggy pants, I respect others right to do so. We so often need to stand up and fight for our rights in this country, thank you for the reminder.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think every youth since the beginning of time has made a statement
with fashion as rediculous as it might seem to others. I did it in the 60s-70s
and I'm sure I looked cool in tie dye cut offs and ripped blue jeans. Although
wearing pants that don't fit and look like hand me downs from the Salvation
Army isn't my cup of tea, I don't think anyone has the right to tell you how to
dress and what to wear!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

lol I used to wear sagging pants...still do sometimes lol I enjoyed this one very much. Well done..xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I just want to say thanks...truly great insight....

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1879 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 13, 2011
Last Updated on September 14, 2011
Tags: Saggy Pants, Freedom, Politicians, Law, Communism, Lawmakers, Politics, Human Rights

Author

Christina May Shanaberg
Christina May Shanaberg

Mount Vernon, OH



About
I am a former member of North Shore Writers' Guild in Willoughby OH. I have had numerous poems published and letters. I am, currently, working on a screen play that I hope will interest my cousin-in.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Spiral Spiral

A Poem by Robin