What Kind of Life

What Kind of Life

A Poem by Christina May Shanaberg
"

Everyone knows what is best for me, but it doesn't agree with what I want for me!

"

What Kind of Life

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What kind of life would I have

To listen and try to behave;

I've been listening to unknowing,

Trying to give them a showing.

 

Don't you want to see whom I am,

Devoid of your hopes' diaphragm;

I am, sadly, all that I can really be;

Someone no one can seem to see.

 

I don't want to be whom I was,

Lost in last year's ugly buzz;

I am whom I have grown into

For me, only, and not for you.

 

If I don't prove good enough,

Well, that for you is rough;

'Cause I'm tired of being a round "Peg,"

Trying to fit in a square hole for "Peg."

 

 

 

© 2011 Christina May Shanaberg


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I found myslef stumbleing through this piece to the very end wich actually made the whole piece work for me. Once I reached the square hole I felt much like a round peg myself. All the ruff bummpy edges of the piece where smoothed out and I found that like a round peg I just don't fit into the square hole. Nice!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

In life we stumble upon a fork in the road. We can take the path to the left or the one to the right. Sometimes there may even be a path just up ahead but it is the choice of which path to take that makes it hard. We won't know what exists along the way and maybe we choose a wrong path. It is always possible though to retrace your steps and make it another way. In the end we make our own destiny.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

In the bull ring, the matador makes a decision as to when the bull is exhausted and is near the end. At that point , he has to make a very difficult decision. Our lives however take a more delicate touch and we may sometimes have to bring a scalpel to remove a thorn. It is the sensitivity to someone else's pain that makes us a better healer. A poem that is strong enough to be also caring.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well said. Eventually we all have to become captains of our own destiny. Sometimes its a lot harder than others.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I believe we grow-up and know wisdom. When we live our life for our needs. This poem told a tale of life and wisdom.
"If I don't prove good enough,
Well, that for you is rough;"
Thank you for the outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


4
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1564 Views
35 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on September 29, 2011
Last Updated on September 29, 2011
Tags: I, Me, Myself, Esteem

Author

Christina May Shanaberg
Christina May Shanaberg

Mount Vernon, OH



About
I am a former member of North Shore Writers' Guild in Willoughby OH. I have had numerous poems published and letters. I am, currently, working on a screen play that I hope will interest my cousin-in.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Time Time

A Poem by Dark Beauty