3 Steps to Learn How to Play Guitar Songs

3 Steps to Learn How to Play Guitar Songs

A Story by Christina Harmen
"

Learning how to play guitar songs is such a delight!

"
It offers the budding guitarist a great sense of satisfaction and pride. However, it is a fact that learning how to play the guitar for beginners could be quite a task, but there are some practical techniques that you can use to simplify guitar learning.

If you use the techniques that I'm about to show you, you'll learn how to play guitar songs exactly as it is played by the original artist in about two to three days. Also, if you use the techniques that I am about to show you, you learn how to play guitar chords properly, especially those that are a bit difficult to play.

Some of the basic techniques that many guitar virtuosos are using to effectively play guitar songs include picking a song that they want to play along with their guitar and listening to it over and over again, learning the chords of that particular song and paying close attention at how the chords of the song are being played properly by the original artist.

Picking a guitar song to play with

One of the most practical shortcuts to learn how to play guitar for beginners and learning how to play guitar chords effectively is by picking a song that you are familiar with and would love to play the guitar with. It's highly recommended that the song you pick should have the guitar as its basic accompaniment. Listen to the song over and over again and listen especially to the guitar part until you are extremely familiar with the tune. Listening is key to effective guitar learning.

Learn the chords of the song

You can actually learn the chords of the song while listening to the song over and over again, especially if you are familiar with the chord runs. If you're not, you can search online for the chords of the song that you want to learn to play the guitar with and play along as you listen to the song over and over again.

Videos and tablatures

If you want to learn exactly how to play guitar songs exactly the way they are played by their original artists, you want to see exactly how they are played by watching how their original artists play them on videos or by using a tablature. YouTube and other video sharing sites offer videos that suggest how a particular song should be properly played or you can download tablatures that offer tips on how to play a guitar song properly.

© 2017 Christina Harmen


Author's Note

Christina Harmen

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Tim
Not bad advice. Finding the notes in the bass can often help as long as you know major and minor chords and have a good ear.

You've mentioned listening to the song you want to play over and over again twice. I think one time is sufficient enough. Videos on youtube are helpful too, as long as the guy/girl you're learning from knows what they're doing as often times it's hit and miss.

Good writing here.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

280 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 19, 2017
Last Updated on April 19, 2017
Tags: guitar

Author

Christina Harmen
Christina Harmen

Kansas, KS, U.S. Virgin Islands



About
I'm a simple women more..

Writing