Parting

Parting

A Story by CK

    A light fog is out. Just enough fog to blur the lines of reality. Street lights form starburst patterns as they drive down the road. She's in awe of the glow the dark sky has; behind the most fluffy white pillows of clouds, she sees, not too far off in the distance. He's driving in the seat next to her and her love for him grows as she sees the look on his face. The night is perfect, nearly unrealistically so. She brings her fingers up to her neck to check for a pulse. She's alive and the night is reminding her by taking her breath away. He drives slowly as to prolong her joy. They don't speak. They don't need to. This 1am moment is all theirs. Made just for them. the love they have is overwhelming in this setting. They pull up to her drive and he parks. It takes nearly half an hour for her to bring herself to be able to leave him.He showers her with the sweetest kisses on her brow and very tip on her nose. She giggles with delight. "I love you" he says. "I love you too." she replies. She gets out of the car and slowly walks into the house. He watches her every step to be sure she's in safe. The door closes and only then does he back out of the drive. Like every night, this is the start of their count down. They'll count the minutes until they can get lost in the world together once again.

© 2015 CK


Author's Note

CK
Please pay attention to the fourth sentence as I am worried it may be a run on. I would prefer not to take anything out. Grammar help would be welcomed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The is a very sweet little love story. I like how you painted picture of romantic couple, I can feel there joy together. The you built up the setting supports that. I paid attention to the fourth line, I feel it's okay. But, grammar is not my strength. I was able to read through it smoothly. It's always tough when we want to convey something and want to say it correctly. I really enjoyed this story, thanks for sharing me.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 26, 2015
Last Updated on September 26, 2015
Tags: Short story, love, nature

Author

CK
CK

Saint Augustine , FL



About
I dabble really. A girl with no real style or focus. more..

Writing
Craving Craving

A Poem by CK


Naked Naked

A Poem by CK


 The scene The scene

A Story by CK