Derek the Cement Mixer Loving Alien

Derek the Cement Mixer Loving Alien

A Story by Christopher J
"

I have no idea where this story came from, and I can't remember how long ago it was that I wrote it. The file on the computer shows it was typed up in 2007.

"

Derek the cement mixer loving alien

 

Derek loves cement mixers. Used for building houses and shops, cement mixers were quite boring. Not for Derek.


Derek wouldn’t use them for mixing cement, but use it as a fun toy. He would get inside the cement mixer and spin round, sometimes for hours.


Strangely, he never EVER got dizzy, so he could spin as much as he wanted.


Because of his banana shaped body, he very rarely fell out. When he did, he simply hopped back in.


He collected cement mixer toys, drew pictures of different coloured cement mixers and had a dream of owning his own collection of REAL cement mixers.


At the moment he only had one mixer, which was very old and rusty. He tried to colour over the rust with his crayons, but it just didn’t help, and ruined his crayons.


When he walked past construction yards, he would stare at the lovely shiny cement mixers that were being ruined by the cement.


That afternoon, he sat against his cement mixer, enjoying the lovely breeze. Then an awful thing happened. The mixer fell over and broke. Derek cried and cried.


Derek’s daddy saw him crying, went over, put his arm around his son and comforted him. He told him not to cry as he had a surprise for him. Derek turned around and saw a new sparkling red mixer. Derek cried with happiness and thanked his father.


Now Derek had a cement mixer that would not break for a very long time.

© 2012 Christopher J


Author's Note

Christopher J
Probably one of my first attempt at writing in a children's book style.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
Added on November 24, 2012
Last Updated on November 24, 2012
Tags: Derek, cement, mixer, loving, alien, random, children's

Author

Christopher J
Christopher J

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom



About
I'm terrible at writing about myself. Feel free to message me and ask anything you wish. 24 year old Brit who has been writing for many years, with an aspiration to be a published author, although .. more..

Writing
Longing Longing

A Story by Christopher J