Words Misspoken

Words Misspoken

A Poem by Chrys

"Words Misspoken"

If I could say the words to you that I would like to say, I would tell you that the world would stop if you ever went away I would tell you that the moon and stars would leave the evening sky And that if you were not around, my heart would surely die. I always say the wrong things, like a knife they dig so deep I see the sadness in your eyes and I know inside you weep I cry alone when you’re not there, for the hurt I’ve put you through, But when I try to make amends, the words just don’t seem true. If I could give my life to you that would still not be enough To take away the hurt I’ve done from words that are so rough If I could say 'I love you' and hold you, you would see I would tell you that I need you more than you need me. If you said that you were leaving me I could not stand the pain My heart it would stop beating, for it could not take the strain These words I’m sending from my heart for I know that if I speak The words that come from in me may be words that make you weep.

© 2014 Chrys


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

those blows that situations like this give you are of the harsh one, like theres no way to find a exit or a excuse for that to happen, been there...but thanks for expresing it in a more elegant way that i could

Posted 10 Years Ago


Powerful!!!!! I can relate to these feelings so much!! Nice Work!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 11, 2014
Last Updated on April 11, 2014

Author

Chrys
Chrys

St. Cloud, MN



About
I am a realist through & through. Life is not fair & I embrace that fact. I can't stand when people thank "God" for their good fortune. I love music and take every opportunity to have it on. I a.. more..

Writing