Faith

Faith

A Poem by Cierra Scott
"

Enjoy!

"

You can take away my sanity,

You can take away my house.

You can take away my possessions,

You can take away my family.

 

There's only one thing you can't take away,

One thing stronger than you and all above.

This one thing will hold me through,

It will reclaim what's rightfully mine.

 

You cannot take my faith,

You cannot take my god.

You cannot take away my strength,

And you cannot take away my Dignity.

 

I am stronger than you,

But only by faith in him.

If I let you win,

Then what will that accomplish?

 

Tell me,

Does it bother you?

To know that me, one person,

Can't be fully defeated?

 

 

© 2011 Cierra Scott


Author's Note

Cierra Scott
Yeah.. Reviews please.. lol

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"The will runs strongly inside you grasshopper", Strong opinions combined with strong faith equals confidence. Your work is powerful and positive to me it shows you are secure and accepting of yourself. I feel your views on faith is correct, my question is what if the person your talking to in this poem, has the same faith as you? Would it be a draw?

Interesting poet you are, great work :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

well done. very blunt and very true. well versed and free, and yet it feels so convicting and restricting twords those that will fight agents you. i like it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I applaude your faith, its seems that not many people have it these days. We're all slowing drifting away from whomever we think 'God' is. Your faith appears strong and as long as it stays that way who ever your talking about can't really take anything from you. This was a very clear piece, I think that what you were saying got through to a lot of people.
Wonderful piece!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I thought this poem was very powerful and it shows that you are very confident in what you have and you will not let anyone take that away from you. While reading this I felt myself smile, because this is strong and it makes me want to read it over again without wanting to turn away. Very nice!

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is very bright, refreshing and bold. Your statements are powerful but true. Great write!

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
J
It was nice :D well done :D











-jean :]]

Posted 14 Years Ago


"The will runs strongly inside you grasshopper", Strong opinions combined with strong faith equals confidence. Your work is powerful and positive to me it shows you are secure and accepting of yourself. I feel your views on faith is correct, my question is what if the person your talking to in this poem, has the same faith as you? Would it be a draw?

Interesting poet you are, great work :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful and inspirational.. as well as full of strength! Many things in life we can not control .. many people. Anything material can be taken away.. but faith is something that goes much deeper.. one can occassionally lose or have swayed faith.. but faith can not be taken away by another! Great writing on belief.. have to have something to believe in to keep yourself strong and healthy!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

545 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 28, 2009
Last Updated on January 23, 2011
Tags: Faith

Author

Cierra Scott
Cierra Scott

Fredericksburg, VA



About
I love to write poetry and stories. :) Music is my world! Lol... Age: 16 Highschool Student more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..