The Facts of Early Rock

The Facts of Early Rock

A Chapter by Charles R. Ciminokii
"

What is rock? Well that is one difficult question to answer if you go and look at the rock today and the rock from the past. That is why I have decided to take a look into where this genre originated and see how it has developed into what it is today.

"

The Facts of Early Rock

Rock and roll at this time became a guitar based style. Instead of being orchestrated (because many musicians didn’t know much beyond their instrument) it had fallen into a small combo. Therefore rock emphasized the rhythm, not the harmony. The guitar was soon an integral part of the rock persona. While pop singers only used and dealt with their microphones, rock musicians were expected to swing their guitar in front of them.
Even what they sang about was different than what had been sung before. Pop musicians wrote about universal values and feelings. But because black musicians were often times more realists, they sang about life on the plantation, jail, the streets, and the ghetto. Black rockers followed that tradition but they sang stories about the present time that had connected with the experiences of the white American youth.
Rock became, in a couple of ways, a product of the changes happening in America. You could have seen this from looking where rocks influences had come from, a mix of both races that were a part of segregation.
Rock ‘n’ Roll had become revolutionary on several different levels. It originated out of small labels, it helped bridge that gap between the races, and it had invited the notion of a rebellious youth. All of this had caused uproar with the religious facets into claiming that rock was persuading the teenage youth to become criminals and prostitutes. Rock had caused young people to search for their own identity, something that we still see today.



© 2009 Charles R. Ciminokii


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on January 8, 2009


Author

Charles R. Ciminokii
Charles R. Ciminokii

I sleep on park benches in, KY



About
Who am I? Well thats a story within its self to be honest with you. Who I am isn't truly as important as to what I want to do, correct? I am an aspiring renaissance man in which I am not just a writer.. more..

Writing