Ghost Girl

Ghost Girl

A Chapter by _JadeNash_
"

See Blurb.

"

"I found it!" I screamed. "The book I found it!" It was just like I thought it would be. I was smiling like an idiot with my best friend Martha when 'he' walked in.

Ray Walter. He has brown hair spiked up with gel and harsh hazel eyes that stared at every detail in the room. Around his neck was his silver chain, complimented by his signature leather jacket and sunglasses, trying to match his bad boy attitude. I knew there had to be more to him but perhaps I am wrong?

"I've got chemistry now I'll see you later Lizzy" Martha waved me goodbye as I sat down on one of the ugly orange chairs in our school library. I suppose I should explain a little about the book since you are so interested. It is "The Red Room" By H.G Wells. I heard about it last week when my English Teacher, Mr.Simons, was rambling about his old classic books that he loved. I liked Mr.Simons. Others, including Martha, think he is just an old guy who needs to go but I think he's brilliant. He is always on about old stories of the 1920's his great grandfather and the flapper girls. He taught me to read again.

Just as I was daydreaming I look up to see Ray leaning over me.

"Yes?" I ask. He just looks at me, trying to act like Mr.Cool.

"Hello?" I ask again. As he falls off the chair he was leaning on. So much for Mr. Cool.

"Sorry." He says immediately. As if he has just sprung back to reality.

"Just wonderin' bout that book. It yours?" I narrowed my eyes at him to see if he was ill or if it even was him. Am I actually hearing this? Ray is actually interested in a book. I'm suprised he could read, but I was still a little suspicious.

"Well it's not mine yet, it's the school's but I may buy it after lunch. Why are you interested?" I replied my voice a little croaky.

"Well.." He paused and looked around the room. There was no one here except me and him. So he continued.

"I heard Simons sayin' it in class but I could not find it. Mind if I read it before you bought it?"

I replied quicky as I realized the time.

"Yeah. Sure. I've got to go" I headed out the door but he ran after me.

"Wait!" He shouted his ridiculous accent had dropped slightly.

"Can I have your number? So I can borrow the book sometime for a little light reading."

I just stood there shocked.

"Sure" I said, handing him a piece of paper with my number printed in black ink. I just stood there smiling and he smiled back.

"Well then. I'll hopefully see you soon...Elizabeth." He nodded his head and walked off. Maybe there is more too him then I thought.

 

After school I went to the old vintage shop in Realm Avenue, I had taken a sudden interest as it had many beautiful things that people don't really appreciate. As I walked in the women at the desk was smiling.

"Welcome. We have a new display in the back on the left. I think you may find it interesting." She spoke very faintly and kept on smiling.

As I came to the back room it was glamourised with blue cloche hats and sparkling clutch evening bags, it was like I had walked back in time. I particularly liked a small golden bag; it has about 100 sea green tassels and a silver string of beads across the middle. I thought it was so beautiful. As I picked it up I noticed the handle which was slightly broken, that made it complete. It was gold and green that crossed over to make a vine pattern. It looked like something out of Peter Pan or something like that but it was magical. Of course I would buy it.

I went to the front of the shop to pay but the women had gone and so were all of the customers. Strange. I left the money on the desk and headed home,smiling to myself the whole way.

 

When I got home there was a note on the dining table, which read 'had to pop out dinner's in the fridge love mum xx' She's always doing this to me, leaving me alone with my sisters.

"I'm home" I shouted but there was no answer. I walked up to Marie's room and knocked on the door. No answer. I opened the door but she wasn't there, the only thing in the room was my sister's doll after she "restyled" her hair yesterday. 

It had been down the toilet and the hair was split into 4 different directions. I'm not buying her any more dolls. My little sister is mad.

Well at least I know someone is home. I can hear my older sister Katherine; I mean Kat's music from down here.

She has completely changed, ever since Mum got a boyfriend. Kat says she can't wait to get away from them both, from all of us. She moved out of the room we shared to the spare room that used to be Mum's music room, but Mum never uses it anymore not since Dad left us.

I climbed the little stairs and knocked on the painted black door. Kat came to the door wearing a black leather corset and ripped skirt so high up I can almost see her knickers.

"What do you want?" She said brutally.

"I was wondering where Marie was. Have you seen her?" I asked staring at her skirt.

"Why would I see her? None of you talk to me anymore so why should I talk to you?" She snapped.

"That's not true Kat. Ever since Steve moved in you've locked yourself up.." Kat interrupted.

"Steve, Steve, Steve. It's all you lot can talk about! Perfect Steve. What about Dad?" She paused and backed away from the door. She sunk down to the floor, her head between her knees.

"Kat?" I asked

"I think Marie went next door to play with Sarah's new dog" She spoke slowly, her voice croaky. I could see she was crying. I go to put my arm around her but she shoves me of.
"Just get out and leave me alone!" Her face had fallen from that confident smile to a sad pale ghost girl the one I used to know. The one who would never say anything like that, but everything has changed. I used to be the person who understood, who stood by her but now it's just Kat on her own. I have no idea what has happened but I want to fix it. I leave Kat to herself closing the door behind me.

Nobody likes change but it happens whether we like it or not.

 



© 2013 _JadeNash_


Author's Note

_JadeNash_
ignore any grammar problems if there, let me know what you think of the first chapter and if you would like to read more.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is great!


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
1 Review
Added on May 3, 2013
Last Updated on May 16, 2013
Tags: ghost, elizabeth
Previous Versions


Author

_JadeNash_
_JadeNash_

United Kingdom



About
First time writer with a few ideas :) Mostly into mystery books, with secrets to discover. more..

Writing
Three Three

A Book by _JadeNash_


TBD TBD

A Book by _JadeNash_


The Blurb The Blurb

A Chapter by _JadeNash_