Now As One II

Now As One II

A Poem by Dead Angel
"

Another collaboration with the talented Matt Carter!! Once again I am in purple and he is in red, enjoy!!

"

I sit on my porch trying to think, but doubt has been clouding my mind for awhile now. I wonder if he has noticed.

I am confused by her being so unsure, I walk toward her, I see her deep in thought.

Oh no, he's coming. I push aside my doubts and fix my hair. I stand up as he walks in front of me and give him a kiss.

"These lips taste like half a heart. Honey, what's wrong? Is it a matter from the past?

I stare at him wondering how he knew. It must be written all over my face. "I don't want to burden you my love."

"But a burden on you is a burden on me. My sweet talk to me, this love is whole, nothing shall come between us."

I look away ashamed that I cannot trust this man. I look into his eyes and speak my words carefully. "My heart still aches James, from when it was last broken."

I pull her near and hold her in my arms. "I am not going anywhere, that you can trust above all things. If you only knew what you meant to me."

I begin to sob in his chest and feel him tighten his hold. I pull back and look into his eyes. "Oh James, I love you so much, but you make me so scared. I don't know what to do." I quickly turn and run towards the garden.

I call out, "Honey, that garden is the home made for you and I. Now I will wait for you to call me to join you, when you are sure please do so, or I will fade away if that is your wish."

I look at the sky and take a deep breath. 'What do I do? Please tell me.' The wind blows through my hair and I wait for my answer.

The wind whispers, "Don't have your mind deal with the concerns of the heart, for your heart knows what is right, what is wrong and what is best for your life. Follow your spirit and dance with his if you wish. It could be your completion, it could take you to bliss."

I open my eyes, amazed that I got my answer. I place my hand over my heart. 'Of course.' I turn toward him and reach out my hand.

I smile for the inviting glance she gives me. I enter my home, our home. I take her hand and approach a moment of pure ecstasy, beyond what I have known before.

My heart is overcomed with the love that has always been. I rest my head on his broad chest and feel his heartbeat become one with mine.

© 2008 Dead Angel


Author's Note

Dead Angel
the blue font is the wind talking to the girl!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

""My heart still aches James, from when it was last broken." - oh, the pain of that. and then it hurts even more, knowing we shouldn't feel this way when there is someone new to love. but the heart takes time to heal, and part of it never does. i adore that line. it brings up so much Truth.

there are numerous typos here - too many for me to pinpoint each one, unless you wanted me to edit the whole piece... but i'm sure with just a quick perusal you could fix it up . it would help it read a lot smooother. overall though, i really enjoyed this piece. i love what you two created together.

hugs



Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
pal
This poem leaves a wonderful feelings in hearts..

bravo
pal

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vey cool peice of writing here. Liked the way you say the same things but in a different way. Sometimes trust can be the biggest burden aof all.Really liked the introduction of the wind. Whispering te answer she so long needed to hear. you both have an understand in this field of writing and you work well together. There is a strength to this peice and it leaves me with the thought that no one can stop the forces of true love. if the man needs to find courage to speak to the lady then he will find that courage from somewhere. And if she needs to find that trust she will indeed find that trust of which she so seeks.
Quality

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thsi is so beautiful!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

All I can say is that it sure is well worth reading, so thank you two, for sharing this piece. Just one thing; The purple font is Fallen Angel a.k.a Claudia Garcia and the red font is Matt Carter, right? May I ask who was the blue one? Or was that just two of you together at the same time?

Anyway, it's still all good here, so no worries...


Posted 16 Years Ago


To me this appears a kind of ghostly type unison as though the two characters cannot see each other and are stepping on times past. It appears hypnotic - more so than the first that fitted together more tightly in love.
I want to read more now and see the direction you are following. Becoming very interesing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Your work together is special, and very romantic. Really fine work. You work off each other very well. Bravo.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Very beautiful poem, I could read it over and over!

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Great job lol I agree the first one was a little different and it was slightly better but this is a good poem, lol looks like everyone is on the collaboration craze too, I hopped on that band wagon. Great poem keep up the excellent work

Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.

I like the first one better. But this one was great too. You guys write great together. Nice Job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.

""My heart still aches James, from when it was last broken." - oh, the pain of that. and then it hurts even more, knowing we shouldn't feel this way when there is someone new to love. but the heart takes time to heal, and part of it never does. i adore that line. it brings up so much Truth.

there are numerous typos here - too many for me to pinpoint each one, unless you wanted me to edit the whole piece... but i'm sure with just a quick perusal you could fix it up . it would help it read a lot smooother. overall though, i really enjoyed this piece. i love what you two created together.

hugs



Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

319 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 19, 2008
Last Updated on March 29, 2008

Author

Dead Angel
Dead Angel

Weslaco, TX



About
Use our Free Myspace Banner Maker! Click Here! View my page on Poetry Flow Hello! If you are reading this then you either heard about me from a friend or your just browsing. My writing comes fr.. more..

Writing
New Life New Life

A Book by Dead Angel



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Buttercup Buttercup

A Poem by Gary H