Shoes

Shoes

A Story by K.Butler
"

The perfect pair

"
Dear Right Shoe,
We were made for each other. Without you, I would be discarded, thrown out with no use. You mirror me, always right, matching me from toe to heel. You use your sole to comfort others, padding their sore feet. Sitting behind the door next you gives me the greatest feeling, wanting to intertwine our laces. Each step they take, pulling us apart, wears me down, longing to be by you. But you do your duty without question, suffering separately with me. It makes me cringe to see your toe scuff the hard ground, your laces falling undone, water dripping into your soft material, soaking you through, or the mud that splashes against you, covering your beautiful colors. And for your sake, I am glad we have only tongues, no noses. If you were to smell the sweat chilling me to the sole, or the dried mud covering my rubber bottom, or the dog poop squashed under me, I fear you would reject my love. But thank Sneakers for disregarding the ability to smell. We come as a pair and belong with each other.
                                        Love,
                                   Left Shoe

© 2016 K.Butler


Author's Note

K.Butler
Let me know what you think! Reviews are appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
Added on March 17, 2016
Last Updated on March 23, 2016
Tags: shoes, love letter

Author

K.Butler
K.Butler

Spring Valley, OH



About
I am in 10th grade with 2 horses, three siblings, goats and other animals. I play rugby and used to play soccer. I have been writing since 5th grade and can't seem to stop more..

Writing
Destroyed Destroyed

A Poem by K.Butler