When all Goes Wrong What do you Do?

When all Goes Wrong What do you Do?

A Chapter by Life Is like Trust...It Kills You

Finally a teenager. Age 14 and that's when pain comes,humans grow,and lives are destroyed. Common zombies have been revived into humans;helping kill thier way through the special infected. Not only that but Alex has clearly been injured saving my a*s in battles for food. I can't stand seeing him get hurt but it's always /my/ fault! I can't help fighting.

I dread morning,enjoy night. But this is my life...our life. Is it? My dead stepdad's words are question further and further down the road as day comes and night leaves.

"Elly,"Alex nudged my shoulder bringing me back to reality. "Want to try out that move I taught you?" We sat upon the roof of an old house. Well,it really wasn't a house anymore. Just long pieces of chared wood. He pointed down below to three humans. All older than they were three years ago. Seven,Kelly,Thomas,and Vein we called them.

"Them?!" I whispered. "You know they killed our kind when they were /our/ age!"

He nodded like I didn't speak,his eyes were locked on their bats and AK-47's.

"Fine." I grumbled and began growling so it sounded like I was on the other side of the building.

"Get ready,Kelly,"A man with a red tie whispered.

Oh yeah,did I not tell you? Alex taught me how to understand their odd blabbering. I sometimes teased them whenever they were in a horde. Only,as smart as they are,they threw a pipe bom. These humans were intelligant. Very. I'm not kidding. They're a*s kickers.

Two other men ran to the other side while the woman and black man stood their;their backs turned toward us.

"Go!" Alex took my bare arm and jumped below. I landed on the srawny man tring to find the meatiest part of him. But as skinny as that b*****d was there was barely anything! One hand ripping out guts while the other tearing at his neck. I lifted his shoulders and bit down on his weak neck. Blood splattered my face to tell me he wouldn't beable to get up without help.

To my left Alex was ripping the woman's stomache. Blood and raw meat flying.

*Lungs!* I slapped my fore head and slashed my claws at his chest. Just as I reached the third layer of skin the other two men came around the corner.

A fat man nocked me back with his bat then grabbed a pistol. He aimed at my head but I jumped into the shadows of trees. Only a slash had hurt me most. The thing that I hated was that my air was knocked out.

Just as I was peering closer out of the shadows Alex screeched over my head. Jumping again and again. I could tell he had something in his mouth.

I had all the power in my legs to follow him but my heart stayed. Feet firmly planted. I watched those humans help each other get up. Heal each other and run away like that. How they helped each other,protected one another made me question my tepdad once more. Why did they do that? Shaking my head at such nonesence I jumped away,following Alex's blood trail.

Three days had passed and more humans came. I began realizing they were driving from different states to kill us. I didn't know why they killed us. I mean we were perfectly fine whenever they left us alone.

"Here,"Alex handed me what looked like a week old,rotted brain.

"What the fudge is that?" I spat.

"I couldn't kill anything today so I scavenged." He had the hint of a laugh from his voice.

I sighed and turned my attention back toward the setting sun. Four humans ran past with either an ax or a silver hand. I shivered at the thought of /my/ blood being shed this time. I slid down the red door looking at my blood covered hands. Fingernails the size of a dagger,arms that looked like bubbling cheeze,and a heart as cold as death itself. I placed my hands over my eyes and began silently weeping.

The typical hunter I knew crawled over to me and placed his arm around my neck. His claws touched my lips. "Look,we'll be alright. But if you keep crying your poor sobs will attract the humans."

I knew he was right but I continued. Angerly I pushed away from him. How could he be so easy going?! If only I knew what it felt like to have skin that wasn't scarred,blod shed,boiled...I would've known to stop crying while I could.

Seconds later a foot kicked down the door. Two humans aimed guns at us.Great,my sobs /had/ attracted damn humans! They looked different from the ones we've ever seen,though. Everything was slow motion from that point to where I looked up and to the point I depretly faught for my life. The gun fires,slashing whenever they darts missed us,then it all went black. The room spun around me,making me sick. Darkness. It was like my life was eternal darkness. Nowhere to run nor hide but only cower like a child missing it's mother. How could this be my destiny?

Hours,that seemed like days,finally disappeared. Whenever I awoke I lay on the ground. Everything was blurry until my eyes came to a focous. Turns out I was in a container. Clear,fuzzy,and quite homey.

Huamns stood all around the tank in white clothing. All alive,breathing,and deffinatly not zombies.

As usual,I bared my teeth and gathered my haunches in defence.

"Frank,get the suit on and go in. We must see if she was ever human." A suspicious voice sounded.

The noise shot into my ears. If they were going to kill me they thought wrong!

Moments later a man with blonde hair stepped inside. I lunged and pinned him to the ground. The suit seemed to protect him. I backed off ashamed. My voice lowered snd I growled,made a screeching sound then yelled.

Just then it seemed as if blood came from my right. I jumped around to see a flash of red light go off every five seconds. My pupils grew then shrunk. I began rubbing my eyes;as did Alex.

"Frank,back out slowly. We've got the information we needed."

I spun around and jumped,pushing the man outside.

"Calm girl,"The voice was so annoying!

My hands stuck to my ears. I growled and fell to my knees in pain.

Another man opened my door and walked in with no armor. I yowled and stood up. We were the same size but he stood there fearless. No wave of fear came from him.

My anger built. I forced my hand to slip across his chest but he only stepped back one hand to the wound.

"Battle scared kit!" I yelled.

A smile appeared across his face. The other men smiled too. I paused and squinted my eyes. The man inside nodded as if he wanted me to reconize him. The dirty blonde hair,sky blue eyes,broad chin... "Dad?" O whispered.

Cheers filled my ears. I covered them quickly. These humans were so loud!

"Come on,"Dad's voice was soft,calming. He sounded as if he wanted me to become human.

I growled and stepped back.

His expression looked taken aback. "Come,Elly,now. Before I died you /always/ minded."

"But you're a human! Why should I go with you.Humans killed you,Dad! Why would I trust them?!" I didn't even know if I was speaking their launage anymore.

To my right I could hear Alex yowling,"Don't! I'll do it!I missed breathing air!"

My heart dropped. Alex would give his life for me. Only he /wanted/ to become human.

Alex punched the glass two times before it broke. He jumped out and ran over to mine. Alex pushed Dad out of the way and placed his arms around me. "I know you don't want to go,"he whispered,"but think of what we can do. We'll finally be able to talk to people without getting killed!"

"Since when did you want ot talk to humans?!" I spat.

"Well...never actually."He looked away. "Please?"

"No!" I stood my ground firmly.

Turns out we were talking in the human's language. "We'll set the blonde free."

"Elly,"I cut in.

"The boy can stay. You'll enjoy not getting shot at at every corner." The man talking smiled. Dad grabbed Alex's arm and took him into a room filled with white.

Four other men stayed glaring at me. Three locked my arms together and the fourth pushed me out the door. "Enjoy your freedom,"they said sarcastically. I knew they were pissed about Alex breaking the glass but that didn't give them the right to push me around! Did it?

(Three weeks later)

Still hunting for life and hiding. No way for me to have a /normal/ conversation...Whenever I watched Alex come out of the hospitial from the roof he looked perfect. New clothes,beautiful brown hair,taller,and searching for the one he would never see again. I only waved as he shot at a zombie that shot a tounge at him. I knew every zombie they killed they would return them to a human.

I regret the day I ignored Dad and yelled at Alex. Everytime he sees a hunter he looks away;knowing that they would kill him... I know he doesn't want to kill them incase one was me. I knew he just wanted one more chance to hold me close.

I jumped infront of him once but I don't think he knew it was me. Maybe he did...mean,I didn't pounce at him so he probably did. Just standing there hoping he would look back and notice that I was his dream girl may have gave him an idea but he surely didn't show it. Just walked away to find more zombies.

Now as I walk to the hospitial,many human's eyes staring at me from behind,I open the doors. Inside stood Frank as if he expected me. Different colored gazes made me hesitate but I stepped up to him fearlessly.

"Ready?"

Other eyes,including Dad's watched me nod.

"Great." Frank led me toward the room filled with white. I couldn't wait to meet Alex again. Only if I did.




© 2012 Life Is like Trust...It Kills You


Author's Note

Life Is like Trust...It Kills You
Reviews?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on March 6, 2012
Last Updated on March 6, 2012


Author

Life Is like Trust...It Kills You
Life Is like Trust...It Kills You

Upon a hill where cows graze and coyoties kill the cows! :D, TN



About
http://pl.st/p/23071908107 My playlist. I don't know why in the buttocks it ain't working on here!!!! I'm a blonde headed girl with blue eyes,I love Krauv and play electric guitar some. I'm inspir.. more..

Writing