Laboratory Fume Hood Is To Provide Protection Against Toxic Fumes, Dust, And Vapors

Laboratory Fume Hood Is To Provide Protection Against Toxic Fumes, Dust, And Vapors

A Story by CleaTech LLC
"

The main function of a Laboratory Fume Hood is to provide protection against toxic fumes, dust, and vapors. Laboratory Fume Hoods are a ventilation system.

"

The main function of a Laboratory Fume Hood is to provide protection against toxic fumes, dust, and vapors. Laboratory Fume Hoods are also called as a ventilation system. The another function of Laboratory Fume Hoods is to act as a physical barrier for providing us protection against chemical spills, fires and runaway reactions. Laboratory Fume Hood is found in every type of labs. Laboratory Fume Hood protects the staff of the laboratory, animals, and experiments from contamination. Laboratory Fume Hoods are available in every shape you can get them in small and large sizes. For space-challenged small labs Laboratory Fume Hoods are provided in small benchtop units. If the size of a Laboratory is larger and space demanding experiments then you can go for larger cabinet type units.The type of fume hood needed is determined by the application. For example wash down system of water spray nozzles are dispersed throughout the hood and I have required for work with perchloric acid, they are specially designed units which are made for or protecting the users from radioisotopes and units.Special application requirements such as energy consumption types of filters needed should be considered for choosing an inappropriate hood for your lab.

Types of Fume Hoods

1.       Ductless Fume Hoods - Portable:- The ductless fume hoods are also called as filtered fume hoods. Ductless fume hoods are ductless and they remove the hazardous fumes, particles from the laboratory and vapors. The installation cost of a ductless fume hood is zero because no ductwork is required. Ductless fume hoods are also portable.

2.       Ducted Fume Hoods -High Clearance:- Ducted fume hoods include a spill chemical tray, polypropylene work surface, full visibility inside the fume hood and ideal for applications require exterior ducting for exhaust. Ducted fume hoods have a high clearance. Two optional fan modules are provided in ducted fume hoods which also have the feature of adjustable airspeed. For soldering and chemical processing which demand the removal of potentially hazardous fumes with low-level corrosive vapors ducted fume hoods are the best and ideal. Ducted fume hoods are made from the material polycarbonate, ESD PVC construction, and non-dissipative PVC.

3.       Ducted Fume Hoods - Polypropylene:- Exterior ducting for exhaust is required for the ventilation system which is designed for the applications. Ducted fume hoods - polypropylene is durable and chemical resistant. Polypropylene ducted fume hoods do not have any bottom. A permanent work surface or bottom is only then provided when requested for a permanent work surface or bottom. Polypropylene ducted fume hoods can also be equipped with a fan module. The removal of potentially hazardous fumes is required for chemical processing and a fan module is a perfect choice for chemical processing which requires the elimination of potentially hazardous fumes.

4.       Ducted FumeHoods- StainlessSteel:- For a good resistance against a broad range of chemicals, heat resistance and excellent moisture then stainless steel ducted fume hoods are a perfect choice. Stainless steel ducted fume hoods are easy to clean and they can also be decontaminated. Stainless steel ducted fume hoods are ESD safe suitable for electrostatic sensitive applications only if their body is connected to the ground of the building. The work surface is optional and removable and the sash is PVC static dissipative. You can either order these laboratory hoods with an exhaust blower unit or you can order them without exhaust blower unit. The primary function of them is to grant personnel protection against toxic fumes, dust, and vapors but they are not compatible with a few acids.

5.       Containment Ventilated Enclosures: - The containment ventilated enclosures are also called as powder containment hood or HEPA filtered exhaust hood. Containment ventilated enclosures are flexible for the powder handling, like non-sterile hazardous drug compounding in pharmacies. You can also protect yourself from particles whilst weighing, preparing, compounding, mixing, administrating HDs or low to moderate risk hazardous powders and dispensing.

6.       Ductless Downflow Workstations:- The material used for the production of ductless downflow workstations is polypropylene and the material used for making the work surface of ductless downflow workstations is stainless steel. The work surface of ductless downflow workstations is made from stainless steel is because it grants access to easy cleaning. Perforations on the work surface collect the powders or vapors. These are available in different widths 24, 32 and 36 and they are ideal in handling the pharmacy drugs and medicines, solvent and chemical preparation and chemical latent print development.

 Conclusion

Laboratory Fume Hoods grants protection against toxic fumes, dust, and vapors. Laboratory Fume Hoods are a ventilation system. There are 6 types of Laboratory Fume Hoods. Each hood is having its own specification.


Cleatech LLC, the leading company manufactures laboratory and cleanroomequipment. Buy thetop-quality Laboratory Fume Hoods and other laboratory equipmentsuchPortable Fume HoodsatCleatech.com.

Original Source :  interarticles.com/article/54504-laboratory-fume-hood-is-to-provide-protection-against-toxic-fumes-dust-and-vap/

© 2020 CleaTech LLC


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

10 Views
Added on February 18, 2020
Last Updated on March 7, 2020
Tags: Laboratory Fume Hoods, Portable Fume Hoods

Author

CleaTech LLC
CleaTech LLC

Santa Ana, CA



About
Cleatech LLC designs standard and custom-made laboratory solutions and clean room equipment such as desiccators and dry boxes, glove boxes, laminar flow hoods and test equipment and many more laborato.. more..

Writing