The Thief with a Watch [SAMPLE]

The Thief with a Watch [SAMPLE]

A Screenplay by Cleavlnd Groves
"

A thief, a watch, the police force. Put them in a game of cat-and-mouse, and see what happens.

"
SCENE 1- MUSEUM, EXT. NIGHT
MONICA exits her car, stepping out into the brisk autumn air. She looks around, sliding a watch onto her gloved hand. She is clearly the rebellious type, wearing all black and a coloured haircut. Making note of the time, she starts to walk to the museum. When she steps up to the museum doors, she looks around again. No cameras are present. She smiles and puts on a mask, kneeling down to pick the lock. The door clicks unlocked, and she opens it, but does not enter. Instead, she hides. GUARD 1 and GUARD 2 come out cautiously. From her position, MONICA shoots the both of them before getting up to go inspect the guards. 
MONICA
Napping on the job, eh? That'll get you fired, sure as day. (She laughs.)
Heading to the museum, she pulls on a mask.
MONICA
Ah, s**t, I nearly forgot.
Heading back to the car, she pulls out a few pillows and stuffs them into her shirt.
MONICA
There we go.
She heads inside.

SCENE 2- MUSEUM INT. NIGHT
MONICA enters, and we watch her heading up to an exhibit. She comes across nobody until the final doorway, wherin she comes up from behind him and chokes him out. Smiling, she makes her way to the end of the gallery.
MONICA
Piece of cake.
She takes out a piece of paper, scrawling a note on it, checking her watch, and scrawling some more. She takes the main piece, a painting, and she exits.
FADE TO BLACK

SCENE 3- TEMPORARY FBI HQ, INT. DAY
ADAM and MIKE enter through the front door. MIKE, a tall, dark-haired individual, looks around. We see that the entire house has been taken over by FBI agents. These men have a map against the wall, pins puushed in around various parts. 
ADAM
Damn it, Mike, we can't keep on doing this.
MIKE
(Acting simple) Keep doing what, Adam?
ADAM
Following this b***h's trail, never getting ahead of her. (He growls) How the hell is this damn art thief always leaving us in the dust?
MIKE
Rat?
ADAM
Doubtful. Background checks on all of these guys, remember?
MIKE
Bugs?
ADAM shakes his head.
ADAM
Can't be. House is too new, and we do a sweep every day, remember?
MIKE sighs.
MIKE
Well, great. Where do we go next?
ADAM
Lab.
MIKE
Do you really think she left fingerprints, after her completely clean record? (He snorts.) Bull. It'll be clean as a whistle.
ADAM sighs.
ADAM
Maybe, but it's worth a shot.
They EXIT in the opposite direction from their enterance.

© 2014 Cleavlnd Groves


Author's Note

Cleavlnd Groves
Please ask if you want to use this screenplay instead of just going ahead and using it. Seriously, it isn't that hard. Just PM me, and it is more than likely I will say "Yeah, sure, go ahead, mate."
Also, please ignore the formatting mistakes... I am aware of them, but sadly, cannot fix them on my PS3. Otherwise, said errors would not exist.

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved this actually. I was going to correct your formatting mistakes, but I get how it is to type things into WC with a PS3. I've done it myself before. Other than your format mistakes, this is lovely. However, the thief seemed a bit too good. I understand it's a sample, so I didn't get to see if she made a big mistake, or if the agents found a way to cause conflict for her while she was just doing a perfect job. If she doesn't make bigger mistakes than forgetting pillows than it might be hard to believe. That's all the possible downfalls though, mate. Solid piece.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
1 Review
Added on February 24, 2014
Last Updated on March 21, 2014
Tags: Watch, thief, jade, ruby, Monica, Adam, Mike

Author

Cleavlnd Groves
Cleavlnd Groves

Sacramento, CA



About
My name is Cleavlnd, and I am an aspiring writer. I am writing on this site so as I can hone my skills(Yes, that means you can tear apart my writing. Yes, I am asking nicely for you to do that.) and b.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Cleavlnd Groves