Haunted

Haunted

A Story by Cleavlnd Groves
"

A man with a troubled past is haunted.

"
Matthew drew his rattling breaths in his filthy home. The walls were covered in graffiti, the smell of the house was of death, decay, and bodily fluids. He leaned his head down, tears streaming down from his eyes. He wanted, no, needed to get away from the life he currently had... He cried as he took the makeshift tourniquet from his pocket, tying it around his arm. He just wanted to escape... He carefully picked up the heavily-used needle, probably disease-ridden by now. He sighed as he slid it into his vein in his arm, pushing down the plunger, taking it out and undoing the knot around his arm. He leaned his head back, sighing and smiling.
***
He was floating in midair, surrounded by light and space. There was nothing. Looking down, he couldn't see himself, his limbs, his body... He was a ghost.
He was terrified.
Looking around, he moved. He was panicking, he had to go, get out, he had to go now! He saw behind him, he was being followed by something, something bigger. It was another ghost... He didn't want to see. "Back off... Stay away from me!" He yelled, going faster, looking back and seeing a second one following him.
***
The police found the body of Matthew Jameson, age 32, in his home on Thursday. He died of an overdose on heroin. He had no family, no friends. The police rules it as a suicide.

© 2014 Cleavlnd Groves


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is really good, good flow in the story too.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

281 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 11, 2014
Last Updated on June 14, 2014

Author

Cleavlnd Groves
Cleavlnd Groves

Sacramento, CA



About
My name is Cleavlnd, and I am an aspiring writer. I am writing on this site so as I can hone my skills(Yes, that means you can tear apart my writing. Yes, I am asking nicely for you to do that.) and b.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Cleavlnd Groves