Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Cleavlnd Groves
"

James is an ordinary man. Nothing special. An accountant. Not much to tell, I think... Except for one time, when his world was turned upside-down. He tells me that he can barely believe it happened.

"

I was first approached by James, a weasel, in the summer of 2007. He struck me as a rather boring fellow, not surprising at all for his kind; the definition of droll packed into a suit. He was an accountant, or so he told me; being a lawyer with a back room in a Chinese restaurant for an office, you don't really question things such as these too deeply. He apparently was wanting my services for a parking violation or some such; it was barely anything, and he needed a lawyer mainly for reasons of formality. Of course, that all seems fairly trivial, looking back upon it now. 

One of the most, and I suppose one of the few, memorable things about James Xavier Smith, besides his middle name and his story, was that he had something of a tick, if you will. Nothing extremely unusual, just... Odd. Whenever he knocked, no matter what, he always knocked to the tune of "Shave and a haircut, two bits." I found it particularly funny because he had a bald patch on the back of his head, a bit to the left. However, that was how he always knocked, no matter what. That was the first thing I heard before he walked into the broom cupboard I called an office. I invited him to sit, and he did. He told me his business, and I told him my rates. He seemed almost... Glad when I told him. He accepted the agreement, and it was only a week later when we showed up to the courtroom. 

Unfortunately, the police have a habit of drawing things out when it comes to their wrongdoing, so what should have, according to my estimates, been a set of proceedings that lasted perhaps only one court session in fact lasted for a few weeks.

It was over these few weeks that he told me his story. It began with a wolf. His name was Michael Iglesias.



© 2015 Cleavlnd Groves


Author's Note

Cleavlnd Groves
Please note that this story does involve furries, 'cause why not. And no, to the best of my knowledge, there will not be anything yiffy going on, but if there is, there will be a warning in the chapter description.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It's PROLOGUE.
"He struck me as a rather boring fellow, not surprising at all for his kind; The definition of droll packed into a suit. He was an accountant, or so he told me; Being a lawyer with a back ..." No capital letter following the semi-colon. Sometimes a capital letter following a colon is correct. It's never correct after a semi-colon unless the first word is a name.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It's PROLOGUE.
"He struck me as a rather boring fellow, not surprising at all for his kind; The definition of droll packed into a suit. He was an accountant, or so he told me; Being a lawyer with a back ..." No capital letter following the semi-colon. Sometimes a capital letter following a colon is correct. It's never correct after a semi-colon unless the first word is a name.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
1 Review
Added on April 28, 2015
Last Updated on May 17, 2015


Author

Cleavlnd Groves
Cleavlnd Groves

Sacramento, CA



About
My name is Cleavlnd, and I am an aspiring writer. I am writing on this site so as I can hone my skills(Yes, that means you can tear apart my writing. Yes, I am asking nicely for you to do that.) and b.. more..

Writing