Dream a Little Dream

Dream a Little Dream

A Story by Cleavlnd Groves
"

A 10-sentence story.

"
His wings spread, the wind cascading around them as his red eyes scanned the horizon, searching for any sign of movement, a glitter, something that would call out to him, his mind analyzing the space around him, constantly watching, ever vigilant. As he beat his wings, the trees around him shook, leaves, birds, and dust flying into the air as he passed them, small items of little to no interest, the smell of sulfur filling his nostrils as he sniffed the air. Sevorg felt the warmth of the sunlight bearing against his scales, light glittering against them, a deep, royal blue, his rippling muscles healthy and strong. For a moment, Sevorg felt truly free, and from within him, there was a deep welling up of emotion. Then... Splat. He opened one eye, grumbling from having his restful dreams disturbed, the chains biting into his ankles. "Here's yer food, ya filthy worm." The impotent human guard seemed to attempt to growl at him. Sevorg looked down at the slimy, raw steak at his feet, then back at his body- Skin stretched taut against bone, wings lying useless against his frame, his atrophied muscles leaving him completely helpless, his slowly dying body held down by shackles. Sevorg slowly laid his head down again, closing his sunken, red eyes: Perhaps this time, if he fell asleep soon enough, he could go back to the dream... He hoped.

© 2016 Cleavlnd Groves


Author's Note

Cleavlnd Groves
Howdy all, this is a story I wrote for a contest. Been awhile, I know, but I am returning to the writing game, at least for a bit.

Tear it apart, guys and gals. You know I love it when you do.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
Added on February 17, 2016
Last Updated on May 2, 2016

Author

Cleavlnd Groves
Cleavlnd Groves

Sacramento, CA



About
My name is Cleavlnd, and I am an aspiring writer. I am writing on this site so as I can hone my skills(Yes, that means you can tear apart my writing. Yes, I am asking nicely for you to do that.) and b.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Cleavlnd Groves