The Madman in Main Street

The Madman in Main Street

A Screenplay by Clemmy
"

It is about a man hopeless, destitute yet he insists he has lots of intellect, well we do not know about that, let's find out....Read on....

"

At the street corner, early Sunday morning, a smart gentleman walks briskly towards his church a few metres uproad.He passes a poor boy begging hungry, ematiated. All this is in the eyes of the madman.

 

Madman: Hey there wait up, what is wrong with this brethren?

Gentleman continues to walk...

Madman: Hey, look at that man, everybody, do you see him, the bad little man in a suit who cares not for a poor boy suffering.

Gentleman; That's none of your business you destitute, are you here to terrorise us? Why don't you go home if you have any?

Madman: I had a home, and I ran away from people like you (spits) Disgusting! All those who claim to be sane like you are actually sick!

Gentleman; You are now insulting me er man. Can't you see I am a smart gentleman better off than you filthy.

Madman; Oh you are a genltemad? Not a gentleman, how can a sane man walk past another suffering human being worse if he serves God?

Gentleman: Don't judge me, who are you to? Huh, leave me alone man. (He begins to walk away)

Madman: Pretender! Pretender! You will not have a setled heart if you leave this poor spider shivering out here, just look at him, look at his eyes, were it you wat would you want yourself to do for your poor self Huh? Shame, poor you, you are too shallow in your mind!

Gentleman: I am not shallow, you are definitely mad, besides I ahve something important to do at church better than you and your bick-bickeri ng nonsense!

Madman: Ah you are mad at me! Get away be angry with yourself instead, irrational, inconsiderate man! Where are you from ? Instanbul, do you know this is Africa, Zimbabwe, North of South Africa!

Gentleman: That is irrelevant, get away from me you dirty thing!

Madman: Thing? Did you say thing? Oh poor soul, I am afraid for you burning away whereever you want... be very wise of what you do and to whom you do it.. can you even imagine this little boy can be an angel?

Gentleman: Impossible, what he can be is an urchirn who ran away from parents because he wants freedom at a very tender age

Madman: And he precisely is a child with no parents who has no one to protect him and noone to feed him, just look at his threadbare garments? How do you feel when your eyes set on such a person, happy, I know you are happy because you feel superior than him, but that is pathetic.

Madman: I don't care!

Madman: I knew it! Save your breath, you care not for others, you care not for yourself when you do that but you dont know it, foolish man! You have a smart kacket and tie on but you got a filthy heart! Filthy thoughts, you are pathetic! You suffer from greediness and haughtiness whatever that is get out of here! (The madman chases the man down the road)..

 

© 2010 Clemmy


Author's Note

Clemmy
Well I was just laying it down roughly, I will sure revisit it soon as you tell me where and how to change it,,, thanks guys...

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awesome! Great dialogue, great momentum, very interesting choice of names. The gentleman is portrayed as anything but a gentleman, and the madman is portrayed as the more sane of the two. Interesting choice. I wonder, if it continues, will the gentleman become the madman or will the madman's voice eventually drown?

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
1 Review
Added on July 19, 2010
Last Updated on July 19, 2010

Author

Clemmy
Clemmy

Bulawayo, Matebeleland North, Zimbabwe



About
I am a poet and prose writer. I live in Zimabwe and am a member of Bulawayopoetry. I am also a playwright with several plays marked for production at the Bulawayo theatre. I also write scripts for car.. more..

Writing
To be back To be back

A Poem by Clemmy


One day One day

A Poem by Clemmy