Keep Your Spirit

Keep Your Spirit

A Poem by JoshuaSpeaking

 

“Keep Your Spirit”
by Joshua Giacometti
 
Indivisible rays, spitting soot.
Burning house, breaking flood of red drought.
            What do you think, Alexandra?
 
            Kiss my melting face, kiss my charred lips.

This is my vision of the future.

© 2008 JoshuaSpeaking


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was creepy and I loved it! The descriptions are poignant and hard hitting even though the poem itself is so short. I really liked the way you set it up as well it helped the flow quiet a bit. Great write.


Brette

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wow! This is great! I love the short to the point. Very real! Great poem.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Ah I love this, vague poetry at work, and it is fantastic! Did I mention that I like the surrealism poetry? So much is said, and unsaid. Nothing is fed to the reader, but everything one needs to figure out the well hidden meaning is there. You have given me much to ponder and dissect. Though you may need to splurge the real theme behind this poem to me eventually =P The images, flow, language it works so well. Very refreshing and though provoking read. Good to see that there are still good writers on this site, they are few and far between is all I will say. I must go read more of your work, I had forgotten how much I enjoyed your writing.

Cheers, kudos to a wicked poem (and i don't say that about many poems, i don't blow smoke as you probably know)

Am

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

253 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 23, 2008

Author

JoshuaSpeaking
JoshuaSpeaking

PA



About
I'm Joshua. I go to Waynesburg University. My major is Creative Writing and my minor is Religion. I want honest criticism. *Before anyone reads my work, please realize that I am a surrealist poet, t.. more..

Writing