Tourist Town

Tourist Town

A Poem by Cobblestone Traveler
"

~

"

Along the coast of Texas, neon lights glitter along the island. Tropical winds gust across the sky painted brilliant orange and pink. Tall, aged buildings stand proudly in the distance, drawing the eye and swelling the heart. Many have fallen, but these have withstood nature's warfare.

The boulevard has cleared of tour buses and has been replaced with vehicles and bicycles ready for night life. Foam-filled waves rush against the bay as the aroma of seafood wafts from the pier. The light-encrusted Ferris wheel spins and the air is filled with the sounds of music and children's laughter.

A family on vacation is headed towards the excitement, passing souvenir shops-- some teeming with visitors, some closed for repair. A memorial wall plaque in bronze accompanies the doorway of a villa, stating the water level of a past hurricane. The family passes by a seasoned fisherman on the sidewalk. He mulls over his catch of the day and reflects on how fortunate he is to have a steady job. On the other side of town, where the streets narrow and the paint fades, his friend’s luck will likely run out once construction is done for the season.

Then again, his friend could find a job as a tour guide to the starry-eyed groups, expounding upon the culture and trek for regrowth of this city whose limits he would never want to leave.

© 2018 Cobblestone Traveler


Author's Note

Cobblestone Traveler
Photo by 75 Central Photography.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like the cities on the sea. I would love to retire to be able to sit and write by the Pacific. I enjoyed the poem. Bright lights and joyous people. Paradise. Thank you my friend for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cobblestone Traveler

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much!!



Reviews

Great imagery used in this one. Wonderful sights and sounds behold the reader in the eyes and ears of her mind.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cobblestone Traveler

5 Years Ago

I appreciate you taking the time to read :D
I like the cities on the sea. I would love to retire to be able to sit and write by the Pacific. I enjoyed the poem. Bright lights and joyous people. Paradise. Thank you my friend for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cobblestone Traveler

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 28, 2018
Last Updated on October 29, 2018