Everyone Know God with a Gun in Their Mouth

Everyone Know God with a Gun in Their Mouth

A Poem by Judas Hammer
"

Since I moved to LA everyone one believes in something new. I once argued with a filmmaker who said there was no God, he believed in energy. This is for all the people believing in everything--

"

Everyone Knows God with a Gun in their Mouth

 

Judas wept.

The C**k crowed three times.

The funeral bell chimed.

 

He said he was Catholic.

Everyone laughed and said he was sick.

For these people who followed the man with the funny hat.

Had three Gods.

Told sins to each other

and worshipped Jesus mother.

 

Then he said he was Agnostic.

 He believed

There was a force was higher.

But his belief in a quote “UN” quote God he would retire.

He said he worshipped Bubba, the chubby little Indian price.

Since India was mostly Hindu I guess they have not seen him since.

He called to Jehovah.

Kirishna.

Did a stint with Kabala.

Was at peace with the Transcendentalist.

Then L Ron and the Scientologists.

Then with it all he got really pissed.

“He said forget it all”

“I’m an Atheist”

 

For this was a thrill.

He would always resign.

That we were not created from Perfect design.

He had such a thrill,

when he would fight to take God of the dollar bill.

“Take god out of everything”

He would shout and sing.

Well one faithful night.

While walking on Main street going south,

 he was thrown to the ground and had a Desert Eagle stuck in is mouth.

Guess whose name he called out.

 

 

© 2012 Judas Hammer


Author's Note

Judas Hammer
I started out doing rhyming poetry. I used to battle in ciphers. a friend suggest non rhyming because he thought I was hiding. I fell in love with Non Rhyming poetry. I am going to post my older stuff up revisiting the form I started with.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Krishna is spelled correct, it's a religious movement after Hare Krishna. If some find "Chubby little Indian Prince" insulting: I'm sure they will recover, it was meant with not harm. Thanks for suggestions, you have the makings of a nice poem.

Of course it did not upset me, thats what the forum is for. Suggestions noted

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i was enticed by the first words and then it faded off. loved the first stanza A LOT, hahah

Posted 12 Years Ago


liked it cause it has a charge that keeps me intrigued.

Posted 12 Years Ago


The ending of this has got to be the best punch line ever! Great poem. Thanks.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is well conceived. I think you have exceptional skills when conveying meaning behind every day words. You make them special and alluring.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wonderful wonderful wonderful. I can't find words to express how true this is and how much it hit home and how much I want to show it to every person telling they're an atheist or agnostic, but shouting God's name if the time of trouble. It's who I once was. Great capturing piece. Simply love it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


(more) when I am down. The wild, free writes I tend to do when I am feeling full of life. Maybe you shld not abandon the in form writes as it is great for discipline, like doing the forms in some martial art, though it is the free fighting/writing we all live for.
God, this Writerscfe is a sticky horrible system!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great job, I love the drama of it. The msg is strong. The religious vs secular debate is burning nicely in the UK. Personally I say live and let live. It does not bother me that I do not believe and the others do believe. I do not need absolute certainty. A part of be wants to doubt everything, yet another part of me instinctively understands the spiritual power to be felt when standing in a thousand year old European cathedral. I also find your note fascinating. I flip flop in and out of form. I find I write rigid form poems, counting syllables working out rhyming patterns (more)

Posted 12 Years Ago


What to believe and how to believe... heavy questions, heavier answers. And the last question - when to believe?

You set a simple form... and a desired flow. The finality chosen was "poetic" but I'm unsure of its "justice". At the end I did chuckle though.

Chris

Posted 12 Years Ago


An old argument that continues to circulate in our minds as and when we grapple with something new in life. The commonest experience of god I've come across is when people praise him for things going well and they blame themselves when it doesn't. Nice write!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1607 Views
46 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on February 19, 2012
Last Updated on February 19, 2012

Author

Judas Hammer
Judas Hammer

The City of Angeles, CA



About
I like to write, live in La and write and make short films. and more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..