"The Lost Empire II: The Man In Black"

"The Lost Empire II: The Man In Black"

A Story by Cody Williams
"

This is the second installment of The Lost Empire Series.

"

“The Man In Black: A Lost Empire Story”

By Cody Williams

 

            The Man in Black woke up as the sun peaked through the cracks shining in his eyes. He sat up quickly laying on a bell of hey with a bottle of Jack Daniels in his hand. He took a sip of the whiskey and threw the bottle across the barn. He picked himself up and bent back over picking up his long black leather trench coat. The Man In Black dusted it off and slid it on. He was wearing a plain black button up shirt and black jeans along with a black pair of snake skin boots, a black cowboy hat and of course, his signature black leather trench coat.

            The Man in Black pulled off his cowboy hat and pulled his long black hair back that reached about an inch past his shoulder. He placed the cowboy hat back on and walked over to the red wooden door on the barn and leaned up against it. He opened the door to a crack and peaked out of it. With no sign of the knights, he opened the barn door up and darted out of it.

            The king’s men were after The Man In Black because of the destruction he caused of the previous town, Covehill. This was nothing new to The Man In Black. In fact, he had become quite known for it. It has happened on more times than he can count, for centuries. He goes into a town and works the services of a wizard and destroys the city one person at a time. However, he’s not as much as a wizard as he is a demonic figure. Many people believe that he could be the devil himself.

            He turned the corner of the barn and ran into the filed where the horse’s roam. The Man In Black slowly walked up to Barnstormer, the fastest horse on the farm who was drinking water. He grabbed the horse by the main and jumped up on the back of it. The horse squalled and stood up on its hind legs knocking off The Man In Black. He stood up and dusted himself off. He grabbed the horse and looked it in the eye. His eyes began to glow red, which startled the horse.

            The horse began to spasm in attempt to jerk himself away from The Man In Black before finally calming down. The horse’s eyes began glowing red too and The Man In Black smiled.

            “I think we understand each other now partner!” The Man In Black whispered in the ears of the horse. He jumped back upon the back of the horse and drove his spurs into the side of the horse. He horse squalled and began running off across the land.

            The Man In Black loved causing chaos. He loved causing misery. His favorite activity to do in town was to punt a newborn child much like you would punt a football. He loved destroying cities and families.

            The only problem is, he had been just about everywhere on his side of Eastman, the world in which he lived in. He needed something more. He needs something different…and he knew it.

            Every night he remembers having dreams. Dreams of A Lost Empire. The most powerful Empire in the known universe. A place where he can transform himself from wizard to a God. The Man In Black has nearly everything needed to get to the lost empire. He had the magic needed. He had everything except for one needed ingredient. He needs the crystal.

            He knows that he needs it. In fact, he has become mad looking for the crystal. He dreams of the crystal and the neon purple glow it releases into the night sky. His thirst for it continues to grow everyday.

            The Man In Black continued running for the “holy grail” or “unholy grail” as a manner of speaking before he saw the tornado. The horse stood up on its hind legs once again knocking off The Man In Black. The Man In Black’s eyes began to glow red with anger and he picked himself up and walked over grabbing the horse again. He looked over at the twister as it began to dissipate and falling from the sky was no other than James Thomas. James picked himself up and dusted himself off. The race to the Lost Empire has began.

 

Copyright 2013 by Cody Williams

Courtesy of The Enchanted Press

A division of TTP Entertainment

Image by FlamingText.com

Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected 
MCHC-BVS6-UCBM-LBK2

http://www.copyrighted.com/copyrights/view/futg-bsnr-fnmu-mazp"> border="0" alt="Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected
FUTG-BSNR-FNMU-MAZP" title="Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected
FUTG-BSNR-FNMU-MAZP" width="150" height="40" src="
http://static.copyrighted.com/images/seal.gif" />

© 2013 Cody Williams


Author's Note

Cody Williams
I realize that this is a really short story. The main reason I wrote this story was to introduce the main antagonist of The Lost Empire series. Many of my horror genre fans did not like the first installment "The Twister." I do encourage everyone to read it. It will get better. Believe me. Perhaps this story could be a stand alone without you having to read "The Twister," however, I think it would be your best interest to read "The Twister" first to help better your understanding. Please comment on it below and stay tuned for future installments.

-CW

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Nice one Cody! I see this story coming all the way from the days of the Yahweh and the situation it developed with the Ammon group of the Egyptians. Yahweh represented the innocent nothing of virtue ... no fanfare, no self adulation. The Ammon group instituted a faith ... called it a name and then raised the specter of religion and holiness. A common objective but two sides of the same coin.

The lost empire is certainly the common ground from whence we came ... but do we just turn back or go forward until we learn to co-exist on the same ground. Interesting.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for the review!

-CW



Reviews

I felt that the character seems like one hell of a badboy, but the repetitiveness of the writing made the chapter hard to read. Too many he did this/that and black black black. Flex those vocabulary skills and fix the grammar and keep it up.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Astro!

-CW
I like what you are doing with "The Lost Empire" so far and I can't wait for the next installment :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

It's no problem. I'm a music education major with 18 credit hours this semester. I can relate.
Nia Hope

10 Years Ago

Awesome! Yeah I'm a senior with college apps, four periods of AP classes, concert band, national hon.. read more
Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks. Good luck to you too in your senior year!

LOL, I don't know about a haunted ban.. read more
nice story and yes it does stand up alone.

best wishes

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading! The next installment coming soon!

-CW
Prritiy

10 Years Ago

you are welcome
ok :)
A very good short story. I wanted to know more. A very good character in the short story. You are a talented writers. Thank you for sharing the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much for the review!

-CW
great introduction great story keep it up

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much for the review!

-CW
Great introduction. I couldn't help hearing a soundtrack going off in the background like some cool rock and roll number. Looking forward to reading more!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading it! I am glad you enjoyed it!

-CW
L.Edward

10 Years Ago

Your welcome. My pleasure. Thanx for sharing.
You do well here, keep working, a genre that is well liked...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for the review!

-CW
Third paragraph, instead of using the words times, use occasions.? I guess I'll have to read the previous chapter. It sound like u have mixed eras.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Thanks for taking the time to read it! This is from a parallel universe where the English language h.. read more
I've been waiting for this since "The Twister". Once again, there are a few places that need some editing, but it is a stompin' good story.
So...now we have the two main characters in place? Or are there more coming?
I'd like to see a bit of character development...who is James? How did he get to be a knight, and what about his son, Jimmy?
Who is the Man in Black? Surely he has a name...a background?
I hope we will find out more about these two men as the story continues! I'll be waiting for those read requests!

You've got my attention, Cody! Keep 'em coming, Son!!!


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Angel

10 Years Ago

Wouldn't 13 be the perfect number? LOL
If the Man in Black is the villain, then James must be.. read more
Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

Yes, James is the hero who was introduced in "The Twister"
Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

And 13 probably will be the number of installments.
I don't do books; don't have the time. But I couldn't help but notice the three misspellings in your first two sentences. THis needs editing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

951 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 8 Libraries
Added on September 14, 2013
Last Updated on November 27, 2013
Tags: fantasy, science fiction, Cody Williams, knight, medieval

Author

Cody Williams
Cody Williams

Elizabethton, TN



About
I am in my second year at Carson-Newman University in Jefferson City, Tennessee were I major in instrumental music education and minor in English. My passions include playing the trombone/euphonium an.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..