Chapter 1:

Chapter 1:

A Chapter by Vertigo Cat1111
"

Link feels something calling him... If only he could go find it.

"
Gray hues shone down from the sky and shined upon the rocks. Hyrule seemed stronger than ever.The clouds painted the world with omens, and if you listened closely, magic could be heard.

The sky lingered with a story, with something everlasting. Something invisible yet strong wisped through the words, to the desert, calling. Life was simple. Quiet. The trees blew gently in the breeze.

Link wasn't in his house nor was Epona by his house. Because currently, life wasn't simple for the fair-haired youth. Or, was it that it was too simple? He was in the spring with his red horse, looking up at the fading stars and gray clouds. As the stars disappeared, he felt the familiar pang in his heart. As the sky's colors prepared to play along Hyrule, forever he was left wondering...       
   
Why?

Frogs croaked in sorrow and birds chirped with grieving, as a breeze passed and for some strange reason butterflies flew in his stomach. Suddenly, somewhere, Lighting struck, and a sharp pain flew through his hand, and something called him.

Something was calling him.

In fact, something had always been calling him, and had only been silenced once he'd met Midna. 

Hurriedly, he hopped upon Epona, and the shocked horse neighed and he had her head for Hyrule field.  In the still silence,
thunderous hooves clapped against the bridge as he felt the energy he'd missed... if only...

He shook his head and made Epona go faster. She neighed, maybe angrily and as he arrived in Hyrule, speeding past the Coro he'd waken up, he stopped, as the Goddesses now painted Hyrule in yellow and orange, clouds seemingly gone out here, a much different atmosphere... something was out here.

Something... calling him? As thunder sounded somewhere, he wondered if he was stupid, staring at Hyrule. He blinked as it only brought back painful memories, and he petted Epona's mane as an apology for the sudden run. Was something calling him? Yeah, right. He was thinking too much...

Yet, something burned in his mind, as he prepared to whip Epona around. Something he shouldn't have forgotten, something that gave away being there, like a rustle of a bush betraying a hiding Bokoblin.

but it escaped his mind before he could grasp it.
He turned Epona away, and she trotted away slowly, sleepy. He turned back, feeling like he'd had only one of something, only half.

He blamed it on grief, but just then he swore, he heard that lamenting whistle, calling for him.


© 2020 Vertigo Cat1111


Author's Note

Vertigo Cat1111
This chapter is rather short, so I'm gonna post the third one! Hopefully, you enjoy it, and constructive criticism is always welcomed. Also, I'm gonna be posting a few poems or so, which I'm nervous about! But I love poetry too.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hi Colacat, thanks for sharing. I read chapters 1 and 2 to get a flavor of your writing style. Descriptive and artistic come to mind. I can sense your passion when you write, which is a wonderful feeling for a reader. However, as much as I enjoyed the elegant sense of your story, perhaps it could be even more powerful with a bit less idle description and more direct story telling. So I've learned, at times our greatest strengths become our greatest weaknesses.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vertigo Cat1111

2 Years Ago

Hey! Thank you so much! This has to be one of the best and most helpful reviews on my stories I’ve.. read more
Tony Dincau

2 Years Ago

You got it! I mean, you really got it - the passion to do great things in the writing world. Passion.. read more



Reviews

Hi Colacat, thanks for sharing. I read chapters 1 and 2 to get a flavor of your writing style. Descriptive and artistic come to mind. I can sense your passion when you write, which is a wonderful feeling for a reader. However, as much as I enjoyed the elegant sense of your story, perhaps it could be even more powerful with a bit less idle description and more direct story telling. So I've learned, at times our greatest strengths become our greatest weaknesses.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vertigo Cat1111

2 Years Ago

Hey! Thank you so much! This has to be one of the best and most helpful reviews on my stories I’ve.. read more
Tony Dincau

2 Years Ago

You got it! I mean, you really got it - the passion to do great things in the writing world. Passion.. read more
"Frogs croaked with sorrow, and the birds chirped with grieving." I LOVE THIS LINE! It is so descriptive and it sets the mood for Link getting on Epona and ridding to Hyrule! Wow... Seriously. This is ingenious!

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vertigo Cat1111

3 Years Ago

Awww thank you so much! I remember putting a lot of thought into that line so thank you 💕💕🥰

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 16, 2020
Last Updated on September 17, 2020
Tags: Link. Epona. Twilight. Memories.

Legend Of Twilight: Everlasting Dawn


Author

Vertigo Cat1111
Vertigo Cat1111

About
🐱💙My biggest writing inspirations are Lorde, Gabbie Hanna, and Phoebe Bridgers. If you like any of them feel free to talk to me about it! Never be afraid to go on tangents to talk abou.. more..

Writing