Chapter 2: Half

Chapter 2: Half

A Chapter by Vertigo Cat1111
"

Link cannot stop remembering Midna, but Ilia is desperately trying to grab the dispirited boy's attention. Ilia is one of his best friends, but her pulling only tears his heart apart further.

"
"None could return from it to the world of light...forever doomed to live in Twilight, flitting in the half-light dusk, mere shadows of Hyrule."
"Did you think I'd disappeared?" he heard a giggle in his mind, as he looked into the shadowy nook of his house. He remembered the words from when she taunted him after they met Zelda. Back then, he really hated her, wanted her gone... But now, he strained his eyes, searching for orangish-yellow hair, a red glowing eye.
Though he knew she was no longer an imp, he was desperate for that flitting eye.
Her tiny petite figure. His heart still jumped when he remembered how she had jumped out of the shadows, scaring the daylights out of him. "I found you!" She had giggled, as he was so confused, and she knew it. 
Even in the beginning with constant teasing, and cruelty... he just wished he could go back and relive it.
"Eeh hee! Are you sure you want to be doing that? Snarling and glaring at me?" She had asked, and he almost smiled. 
Now, he almost could see and feel the warmth and beauty of Twilight, and a lump caught in his throat. He missed the silky beauty of the Twilight, but the beauty of his companion even more.
He gazed out the window, and everything looked so lifeless, the moon boring. He stared at the leaves that had been collected over time under the bridge of the windowpane that stuck out, and he wondered
what time they had been collected at. Was he fishing? Was he buying potions? Were they sleeping? Fighting Bokoblins?
It... still felt so alien here.
He opened the windows with a finger and even more, moonlight poured in. Although he preferred privacy and solitude he always liked to look down on woodland creatures and Epona, even when he was 
little he did so...
Of course, he preferred privacy and solitude. Right?
The hinges creaked, in the still night, only an occasional tiny breeze, and he looked past the trees, trying to see the houses of Ordon Village. That brought his mind to an uncomfortable subject...
Ilia. His childhood friend... The girl he'd known all his life, the one he cared for so dearly... now...
"Wherever it is you go, I will follow."
But the promise could never be kept. Maybe he always knew that. He knew they'd forever be friends, best friends, and he'd be her shoulder to cry on, but there were other promises that had been made billions of years ago. He couldn't break it.
Midna had left, in an explosion of his heart, defeating him, and it was much too soon. How had someone he had all his life not nearly impact him as much as someone who'd been in his life for only nearly a year? Just Midna herself was the medicine to all his pain. Yet there was something he hadn't told himself yet. He stuck his hand lazily out the window, as he realized not finding the Fused Shadows, nor fighting Zant or Ganondorf was his greatest challenge... this was. The choice everyone faced. To die inwardly with the past, or to run, move on, live, love, breathe, live. The problem was he was somewhere in-between. 
It was not the question of who he loved more; of WHAT was home. It was the choice of staying or going. But going where? Leaving... alone?
Never mind...
Still, he could not choose. After fighting for Hyrule and restoring the peace, he had watched joy return. What could he do to bring HIM joy? After defeating Zant and Ganondorf, he would have to decide where his road led now.
--------
Link had not found much sleep that night, or maybe none at all. He couldn't remember. As he forced himself up (How strange now he didn't want to get out of bed.) He felt nature's air flowing through his house, and he decided just to leave the window open, finding it refreshing.
As he made his way down, his tired blue eyes landed on an image of the children of Ordon and he sighed, looked down, and wondered if he was delusional. He entered the town and the sky was still partially dark. He heaved another heavy sigh. Why did he not remember his childhood memories, but when he came here with Midna?
Lost in his own mind, Link had no idea what was going on in his own surroundings as he dragged his feet to Ordon Village. He knew where it was, as he'd walked there so many times, yet he felt confused.
But some sort of gleaming to his side caught his attention and he whipped around to face it, on the jumpy side.
He faced Ilia.
For a moment, he was speechless, as this was the only the second private moment they had had since he'd gotten been. They'd been together socially, but the first time they'd been alone, it'd been awkward, and he'd been... quiet... quieter than usual. That was another thing.
He'd been so loud and cheerful with Midna... now... He was quieter than even before this whole thing happened. What did his voice sound like again?
Alas, he was at a lost for words, as he realized, she'd probably been walking up this path to greet.
"L-Link..." Ilia whispered, breathily. Se took a slow step towards him, and Link cringed, noticing her watery eyes, and she stopped her walk. He felt bad but couldn't say anything still.
"You're... you're here..." she smiled though, forcing one through the hurt. Her breath caught, and she tried to decide to laugh or cry. The awkward silence hung like the moss on the villages house. She reached out her arm slightly and their fingers then touched slightly, and the suddenness of it made his heart speed up. And yes, he HAD been trying to figure out how to approach her, what to say, but any of that was destroyed, crushed by thoughts of Midna. 
There was so much she needed to say, so much he needed to explain. Unresolved. Yet now... Now that he was here. He bravely took her hand
and smiled. And she smiled back. But, this was not all. She was expecting more... and was he?
"Last Potential Link..."
He couldn't give the poor girl an answer just yet. He needed time.
Just more time.
"Link!" Shouted the children. Link turned away, letting go, and headed for the kids, and the blonde girl watched. It was happening. What she never wanted. What she'd foreseen when they were young, knowing deep down Link didn't belong in Ordona.
She was losing Link.
Ordon was losing Link.
The concept of impossibilities was losing Link.
His chest was tight, as he walked up to the children, and it only loosened when Colin ran towards him, and he felt a pang of sadness at their age. Colin now 10, Beth now 12, Malo 6, and Talo 11 too.
"Link!" Colin giggled, arms swarming around his waist, and Link laid a gentle hand on his head, to pet his hair. 
Talo approached him and shouted. "Hey! Where's your sword? Your legend one!" Beth snorted. "You numbskull! Don't you remember he had to put it back, so as the way of the past?" She said, almost stumbling over her own big words. 
"That's a big girl sentence," Malo sneered. "Well, that's what I am!" She argued, and Link for a moment felt his heart lift.
"DAD!" Beth screamed running Hanch, who said, "B-Beth, it's much too early to be s-screaming," he shivered, in the early autumn air.
Link grinned a bit, but as he felt Ilia's gaze behind him, burning his neck, it fell, and his heart was torn by two sides.


© 2020 Vertigo Cat1111


Author's Note

Vertigo Cat1111
The third chapter! Hmmm... Is Link gonna stay in Ordon? Or go? Please review and give me ideas and ways I can be a better writer! My dream is to publish my books, I just love writing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

OH JEEZ. This is amazing! Omg omg omg! I know his feeling of not knowing what to do once "Your purpose has been fulfilled! So many amazing characters and they are being built up, word by word! OmG this is amazing!

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vertigo Cat1111

3 Years Ago

AGH THANK YOU this means the world to me!!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 16, 2020
Last Updated on September 17, 2020
Tags: Link. Ilia. Midna. Heart. Beth.

Legend Of Twilight: Everlasting Dawn


Author

Vertigo Cat1111
Vertigo Cat1111

About
🐱💙My biggest writing inspirations are Lorde, Gabbie Hanna, and Phoebe Bridgers. If you like any of them feel free to talk to me about it! Never be afraid to go on tangents to talk abou.. more..

Writing