Tagliatelle

Tagliatelle

A Story by ColdSpiral
"

A light snack

"

'Waiter'

I stare down at my dinner.

It stares back at me. I clear my throat, if only to avoid the silence. The place is dead.

'Waiter'

Hope triumphs over experience as I call again, eyes fixed on my plate. There is the slightest of noises, a breeze, as the waiter floats over to me.

'Sir?'

I look up to see a grey face flat with indiffrence. I gesture vaguely at my plate, the unspeakable thing that sits, unhidden, overtly impinging on my meal.

'Is it not to Sir's liking?' he asks, all pompous like I've blamed him for the decor. I look back at my plate. The pasta is soft and appetizing; the sauce vibrant and rich; even the garnish looks succulent; but half-buried in the tagliatelle, all varnished handle and shining metal, the meat cleaver protrudes agressively.

'Sir?'

It's obvious, how could he not notice?

'Er,' I begin, before I notice the sauce spreads too high up the blade, is smeared across the handle. There is sauce splashed across the waiter's pinstripe vest.

'Cleaver?' I manage - choked suddenly. The waiter looks appalled.

'Dreadfully sorry, sir' he replies, taking the cleaver from my plate - the pasta makes a sucking noise as the steel is released - and swinging the blade calmly into my back.

'Some people,' the waiter mutters as he walks back to the kitchen, 'simply no manners at all'.

© 2008 ColdSpiral


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very entertaining, hilarious! I look forward to reading more of your work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very funny and clever, Bennie! Good work. Can't wait to see more. ;-)

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

great work, very clever and funny.
Great pacing too. Flowed well with natural dialogue.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

haha, woah! the story is written so benignly, I almost don't notice the murder. very comical. ^_^

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

299 Views
4 Reviews
Added on February 5, 2008
Last Updated on February 5, 2008

Author

ColdSpiral
ColdSpiral

Bendigo, Australia



About
I write... sometimes. Occasionally, I'll finish something. You may even get to read it. That's about all I need to say, so... more..

Writing
Ennui Ennui

A Poem by ColdSpiral


ALT+F4 ALT+F4

A Poem by ColdSpiral