The Last Fragments Of A Somber Clarity

The Last Fragments Of A Somber Clarity

A Poem by Cole Hayley

Tiptoe 




 


around      the          vanishing       lilly        pads 







silky 

                   rivers 

                                  to 

                                                bathe

                                 your

             morning


 breath 


in







and a sea of white oak                           to                      hang your nightgown on. 







The morning flame dances around black flowers

sunlight flickering on our eyelids have gotten us sour. 







Confessions

 in the most

 faithful 

manner 




             



          a gentle wind to embrace our                             


                                                                  t  h  o  u  g  h  t  l  e  s  s  n  e  s  s









stumbling over the rocky edges with dirty knees. 



                                  


                    



                        The

           

                              morning


                                          dew 


                                                comes 


                                                         only 


                                                                 in

 

                                                                      b i t t e r s w e e t 

       

                                                                                                    taste





                                                                                       apologies all strung up on

                                                                                        branches bring cold shakes. 









Falling                      along              with              a            lotus            angel 








one that guides me through the milky verdure









and satisfies my every need.




© 2012 Cole Hayley


Author's Note

Cole Hayley

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Artwork and poetry took me to good places and thoughts. I like the flow of thoughts in the poem. Thank you for sharing the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


good write and interesting way of fixing the position of words I love it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


An adventure into form and non-form, possibly inspired by the dreamy nature of lillies that takes apart all of what we are and look at ourselves anew. Interesting!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Love those last three lines! And Confessions
in the most
faithful
manner.
I feel like that is a joke you are letting me in on!













Posted 11 Years Ago


Interesting venture into concrete poetry. I've noticed a few of your recent works have explored this style. If you're interested in the genre, may I recommend checking out poetry by Bob Cobbing and Alan Halsey, both noted British concrete and visual poets.

I particularly like the lines "and a sea of white oak to hang your nightgown on," and "stumbling over the rocky edges with dirty knees."

Regarding your use of kerning and indentation, it's visually creative but not as effective or intentional as when you used it in "The Nights You Didn't Fall Asleep." The spacing in this one is so extreme that, although you have great imagery and an evocative bittersweet undertone, the impact of it is almost lost on the reader because we are spending more time scrolling than reading.

This comment has less to do with the composition of your poem, but I am curious: When choosing the colours of the text, did you use any art supplies for reference? I could swear I once had a deluxe coloured pencil set with one or two of those names.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Loved the form..music enhanced the mood

Posted 11 Years Ago


It's not amazing. It's no masterpiece. It's not beautiful. It's not surreal. It's nothing like your video. It's pretty cool to look at and not bad for a poem that gives me the temptation to just skim it because of the vid that inspired it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
amazing!!!
you've done an masterpiece in your words.


Posted 11 Years Ago


Beautiful :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


very surreal as is your video. interesting, reminds me of o. henry.

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

826 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on August 16, 2012
Last Updated on August 16, 2012

Author

Cole Hayley
Cole Hayley

Montreal, Canada



About
25 / Canada I'm back ;) New series: "Name one thing in this photo" 1. Grocery list and a Love letter 2. Went Wrong 3. 24 4. The Pacific Theater 5. A SATA cable frayed 6. One Thing 7. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mute Mute

A Poem by Adam M. Snow