Half-Moon Bay

Half-Moon Bay

A Poem by Cole Hayley
"

im here again.

"

Half-Moon Bay:

Perched upon costal bedrock,

I lapse into the submergence

of ocean-voice. 

Jubilation coexists with the waves. 

All in ever-sense. 

Bliss had gone and approached -- far-left. 

Up along the sand dunes

and beneath the granite cloud. 

For a instance I heard its cry,

echoed from shore to

shore. 

© 2012 Cole Hayley


Author's Note

Cole Hayley
I havent published anything on this site for almost a month. I had a lot on my mind, especially with University and other things. I didn't really feel like writing a lot, but I'm feeling a little better about some things now. Still trying to find myself lately, but I'll post pieces as I get through it and try and publish alot more often. These few pieces are apart of a book I called "Poems From The Witching Hour", but they have no true order and It really is a broad collection. I wont be publsihing all the work I had written but Im getting back into it.

As for RR's I had over 200 of them, so I had to delete everything. Since I am back now I will be able to read more and more, please send them again, Ill get through them as fast as I can.

Thanks to all that review and leave comments, Ill review a piece of your work in return.

This is a pretty short one.



My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
_
*melts into seat* It waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaceful however quite eerie in the last sentence...I don't know why but it is to me...lovely poem though :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I could feel the pain exit stage left as the heart drowns in the waters between the shores.. Another beautiful write Cole and welcome back..xo

Posted 11 Years Ago


I have been to Half-Moon Bay in California. One of most beautiful places in the world. I like the description and the photo. I like quiet times by the sea. Thank you for sharing the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


I think it's written beautifully. I love it. And I've been feeling the same way. Of course, I could be misunderstanding. You're older then I am, and I don't know what you've been going through/had on your mind. But I've had a lot going on lately, and when normally this would inspire me to write, I found/find, that there was no desire. The longing to write had gone,... stale. However that could be the effect everything was having on my passion for writing. I'm trying to get back into it though, and it's beginning to light back up in me again. Even if a tiny bit, it's better then nothing. And trying to find ones self... I get that completely. Of course, I understand that this comment from me is probably meaningless to you. I don't really know you, nor you I. Just thought I'd mention it. I understand, and I'm sorry. Hope things get better.
It's a beautiful piece.
~Liv

Posted 11 Years Ago


Good feel for the coast and the world of sounds in those areas.

(Not that it matters much, minor really;
the line'
"For A instance..." really should be "For AN instance..."
Keep writing, sir.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I think this is the shortest piece I've ever read from you... but you carry the same bold words, smooth lines, and epic stanzas. Wonderful.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Lovely imagery of the beauty of the ocean. Great word choice.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Is it ironic im listening to the news talk about the beaxh too. eithet way it was reslly loved describing the beach and your presence in such a way. anyways well done lovely in one since and sad im another never really being a part of the sea. your poem would kind of go well with that new movie chasing something...

Posted 11 Years Ago


The sense of oneness with the ocean is a formidable experience. It stretches out our narrow and small sensation of ourselves into the global phenomenon that it is. But its important that we have something to offer to it. It awaits our participation for a greater experience of itself.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ocean-voice works. So much better than ocean's voice. That would f**k up meter. Nice work! Why is the crossed out text necessary? I think it's overkill. Humble opinion and all.

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

911 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 23, 2012
Last Updated on October 23, 2012
Tags: Half-Moon Bay I Missed You Guys.

Author

Cole Hayley
Cole Hayley

Montreal, Canada



About
25 / Canada I'm back ;) New series: "Name one thing in this photo" 1. Grocery list and a Love letter 2. Went Wrong 3. 24 4. The Pacific Theater 5. A SATA cable frayed 6. One Thing 7. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..