Symbolic

Symbolic

A Poem by Cole Hayley
"

"The dark end of the highway"

"

Symbolic. 


I've been in chains for so long now,

In the shade of the moon. 


As its reflection shown off the brick walls

And glistened off my sweat,

The fallen angles fell right in front of us. 


Everyday a new one tumbles. 


Their breath is as cold as ours,

With their wings clipped 

And the cage door left open. 


Distorted faces 

And a disjointed pace. 


They spit on us when they walk by

Cursed and beautiful, 

Even on the dark end of the highway.


I saw them run through the cornfields

Flames on their back, 

Snakes in their hair. 


I don't understand the symbolism 

If there is any.


Maybe they are just doing it for kicks.

 

To kill some time.


I've been tortured for so long now, 

In the midst of an eclipse 

Between the heavens and the singularity.


Amongst angles and men.


And I still can't point out whats so cryptic

Of creatures killing for fun.


I don't get the logic, 


But I don't question it either. 

© 2012 Cole Hayley


Author's Note

Cole Hayley
Ignore grammar problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very good poem. Create wild thoughts and vision.
"I've been tortured for so long now,
In the midst of an eclipse
Between the heavens and the singularity."
I like the way you ended the poem. Left food for thoughts. No weakness in the excellent poem.
Coyote




Posted 11 Years Ago


Interesting piece... Death sweet death. I liked the way you phrased it. Good references.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I'm probably the first to say this, but I sort of understood this poem. Well-written and deep, the best kind of poem in my opinion, because it offers more information if you look hard enough. It's like unraveling a puzzle, an amazingly complex puzzle, yet at the same time, you already know the answer. You just have to get to it.
Anyway, well done on this poem. I look forward to more from you.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I found myself hypnotized by this piece. Amazing. I find I want to read it and reread it. Not because I don't understand it but because I want to soak up every part of it. I loved it! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I had to read this twice.. and will probably have to read it some more... a complex tapestry of emotion reflected in symbolic verse.. well done.. I found myself holding my breath..

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is so amazing! Really nice flow and message. I felt such strong emotion...not sure if that's what you were looking to do but if so, awesome job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Holy baby Jesus fish. This is amazing. I think if you added more to the shorter lines it would help the flow by miles.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Those faces are bright, reflecting, yet so low based, as some full moons, can be half....
Amazing write! grammar problems I don't look at, I see what was meant.

E.L.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is super deep in turmoil and life brought out dark attitude based on treatment. I liked this it uses characters that are considered fantasy and II could replace their faces with people I know. Good Job! :)

P.S. Thanks for the review



Posted 11 Years Ago


The whole poem is symbolism. It's another great introspection, but I don't like the title or the first word. Also, why is it always the shade of the moon with these things? It's slightly distracting. "Everyday a new one tumbles." That's too amazing. As a poet, when you describe symbols but say you don't understand you're own symbolism, that's a little weird for me. I like that the speaker doesn't get the "logic" and doesn't question it, but for a poem called "Symbolism", and listing fallen "angels?" "angles?" and gruesome evil images, you can't say the speaker/author doesn't understand said symbols. And they're great symbols, if they have an analogy to correspond to. It's half a poem right now. Back to the drawing board! Btw, you're a better poet than over half on this site.

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

744 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 28, 2012
Last Updated on June 28, 2012
Tags: Symbolic Cole Skies Poem Poetry

Author

Cole Hayley
Cole Hayley

Montreal, Canada



About
25 / Canada I'm back ;) New series: "Name one thing in this photo" 1. Grocery list and a Love letter 2. Went Wrong 3. 24 4. The Pacific Theater 5. A SATA cable frayed 6. One Thing 7. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Drips of Wisdom #10 Drips of Wisdom #10

A Chapter by Pax


Hush Hush

A Story by Sophie