To my little girl

To my little girl

A Poem by Cole Spire
"

A loving poem to who was almost my little angel.

"

To My Little Girl

 

By Matthew S. Van Hove

 

I loved you so much,

Even though we never met.

I love you still and I weep over the things we will never get to share.

 

Your first laugh,

Your first smile,

Your first words,

Your first report car,

Your first boyfriend,

Your first child.

 

I will never get to know you, and it breaks my heart.

I will never get to hold you, and it causes me to cry.

I will never get to be your rock, and it makes me fall like a tumbling tower.

I will never get to love you, and it makes me feel empty inside.

 

We loved you so much and you weren't even a month along.

Your brother Zander loved you too, even if he doesn't understand what has gone on.

I will never forget that you were in our lives,

If only briefly.

I will never forget you my little angel.

And I promise that I will still love you until the day I die.

 

You will always be in my thoughts, because our time was so short together.

You will always be in my heart, because i loved you so much.

You will always be in my smile, because of who you could have been.

And,

You will always be in my soul, because you took part of it with you.

 

I love you so much

My little girl.

© 2008 Cole Spire


Author's Note

Cole Spire
My wife miscarried our second child recently. We were all sure it was going to be a girl. It hit us both very hard and i needed to express myself somehow.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Nicely done. I applaud how you were able to take something so painful and turn it into somthing so beautiful...your story, the babies story...she will surely live on through your words and your heart. I'd say sorry but like my teacher says, "it's only a word" one that is over used to the point that it loses its meaning...so i'm remorseful for your lost and forgive me for I couldn't find a better word.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I'm so sorry for the loss of you're unborn child....
This piece was heartbreaking and beautifully written. The emotions you were trying to express just....pour out. Wonderful write. :)
I wish the best for you and you're family. Again, I'm so sorry for your loss.

~Lauren

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
O!
This is very heartbreaking. I really am very sorry for your loss. I hope writing this helped you cope with what would have been so that you can now with ur family live with what is.....your little girl was with you and loved you and felt the love of you all and left, for us all, too early...but in love.

I wish you and ur family much love and strength.

x,
O!



Posted 15 Years Ago


So very sorry for the loss of your unborn child.
It's truly heart-breaking. I've lost two in the first trimester;
but it's never easy to deal with. I had high hopes for a daughter
of my own one day. That dream is buried now.

I hope that you will try again, if able! God Bless you and yours.


Posted 15 Years Ago


I'm truly sorry for you loss. :( I truly am
This is a beautiful sad poem. It gave me a tear at the end.
You write really well though. :)
Things happen in life, most we don't want to happen but these things makes us stronger in life.
Hope things are alright. :)
Great poem, wonderful.
God bless you and you family. =)

Love,
W.Piggy

Posted 15 Years Ago


My heart breaks for you and the loss of your child. This poem captures such raw and delicate emotion. Grief is a very difficult thing to express, but you have, and you have also created a loving and timeless tribute to your little one.

My prayers go out to you and your family.

Please keep writing . . . it's very healing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Time heals they say , I hope its the last time you feel a lost, I am sure you will have a new baby soon . Very sad writting that come from your deepest feelings , Yos

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I am so very sorry for your loss my friend. These little souls are placed within our hearts from the moment they are conceived and we love them from the very beginning of the life that starts to grow. This little one (Just bet your baby was a girl) was chosen to go back to heaven for right now, but she will come again. Just right now for some reason she was called back to her beginnings. This is so heart touching. Again my condolences to yourself and to your family. Give your wife a few extra hugs. She really needs you right now.

Blessings,
Lesa

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

They say that loss is the only way you can measure love, and it is very clear how much you loved her. Since I am not a parent I will not say that I know or understand your pain, but I hope that you, you wife and son will be able to make it together. This is truly a fitting tribute for a fathers love...
my condolences..

SW.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nicely done. I applaud how you were able to take something so painful and turn it into somthing so beautiful...your story, the babies story...she will surely live on through your words and your heart. I'd say sorry but like my teacher says, "it's only a word" one that is over used to the point that it loses its meaning...so i'm remorseful for your lost and forgive me for I couldn't find a better word.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i am so sorry man this poem is so sad man im sorry

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

489 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on September 28, 2008

Author

Cole Spire
Cole Spire

Holloween Town, NV



About
"Being a writer is like having homework for the rest of your life." -Hank Moody Those are words so true that it is scarey! Aloha! My name is Cole Spire. Colstainous Spirion to be exact but mos.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Story by Cole Spire



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..