No More Sorrow

No More Sorrow

A Poem by Cole Spire

No More Sorrow

 

By Matthew S. Van Hove

 

"No good deed goes unpunnished"

Isn't that what they all say?

How can this all be true?

How can we live in a world where everything is all about the "Me" and not the "We"?

 

I met a man the other day, One down on his luck.

A souless nobody that everyone passes by.

Some one that no job would look twice at.

Some one that I used to be.

 

I stopped and talked with him,

I gave him some money.

I told him to come by and I would buy him a meal.

I saw the gratatude in his eyes and felt warmth within.

 

Who are we to pass this man buy?

He is one of us, a human being.

It wasn't pitty that made me do it,

I didn't pitty him and i didn't expect anything in return.

 

Going beyond a meal I talked to my own boss.

I looked among our positions and asked about a job.

Warned them about his condition and his appearance.

Then spoke to him again once he came to eat.

 

He seemed to sparkle and be more than thankful.

Sometimes that is all it takes.

© 2008 Cole Spire


Author's Note

Cole Spire
sad thing is I haven't seen him lately. i hope he is ok.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is a beautiful example of a simple, selfless act, that so many of us choose not to do. Often times, as I'm driving, I'll see a homeless woman pushing all of her belongings in a shopping cart and think, "That could be me." So often we take the littlest things for granted, but the smallest things, add up and make us who we are.

Your words are an inspiration and I am thankful to have read this piece.

Brava!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i really enjoyed this. i's a beautiful, sweet story. very touching and real.
I lived in my car with my mom and pet for three months, know what its like to be down on luck. it's people like you that raise the spirits of the broken and damned.
great work, it's touching without being forced and meaningful with great purpose.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This was a beautiful piece. I felt a smile creep over my face as I read this poem. I made my heart light, even if only for a moment, to know that there still are compassionate people out there. great write. very moving.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is a beautiful example of a simple, selfless act, that so many of us choose not to do. Often times, as I'm driving, I'll see a homeless woman pushing all of her belongings in a shopping cart and think, "That could be me." So often we take the littlest things for granted, but the smallest things, add up and make us who we are.

Your words are an inspiration and I am thankful to have read this piece.

Brava!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That was very sweet of you! Thanks for sharing your or his story with us...i hope he's doing ok as well!

great write
:) elyssa

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wow Cole....You remind me of myself in this poem.. i would have done the samething..

this was beautiful and such a nice thing for you to do. And it is sad when people ignore the people that are nicest people alive... I hope you get to see him soon. And I bet he is find, maybe you should set out to find him... Great write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


no one can know what causes a person to lose such hope and have such circumstances occur in there lives as to result in the person becoming a street dweller. One helping hand, one kind word could make the difference in another persons life. I commend you for trying and I hope also that your wayward friend is safe.

Posted 15 Years Ago


this is a wonderful write,no we should not pity him
we should pity ourselves,if this was a decent world
these people should never stay on the side road as if lost
all his problem is as i guess,he maybe less unfortunate in mind study or health
if we are clever enough,we would know any of us could standing right there on the side road
we think we are better but we are not ,just more lucky
just imagine if luck failed you down you will stand right where he stands
but we are just stupid enough not to know that
that was a wonderful writing ,what a great touch of humanity,it filled my heart with so much warmth the way you talked about him,wonderful feelings you gave me,thank you...

Posted 15 Years Ago


this was amazing, wonderful writing, this made my day....

love
gandr�

Posted 15 Years Ago


Yea it out of our heart that we do things for others. this build ing I use to work in there was a homeless man that would hold the door for us wave down cabs and greet us pleasantly. We called him pop, everyone in the building took care of him, brought him coffee in the morning, brought him lunch and gave him money. This went on for years, when he died we just pass the word around and that was that. Sad, but he was alway cheerful to us and grateful.

We should never think twice when we preform acts of kindness, it should be as natural as breathing.

Very good heartfelt writing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


What a wonderful message for those not willing to stop and take a moment to speak to the ones down on their luck!!! You are an inspiration with the message that you sent with this poem. Thank you so much for putting to paper...well, in this case to computer, that message. I do hope that many others hear what you were saying. Goodwill towards others, in todays day and age seemed to have fallen by the wayside. It is now time to dust it off and begin to practice goodwill towards others again. You were right, we as a nation... as a world became all about the "me" it's time we started to be all about the "we" again.

Wonderful job with this.

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

410 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 6, 2008

Author

Cole Spire
Cole Spire

Holloween Town, NV



About
"Being a writer is like having homework for the rest of your life." -Hank Moody Those are words so true that it is scarey! Aloha! My name is Cole Spire. Colstainous Spirion to be exact but mos.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Story by Cole Spire



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Goodnight Goodnight

A Poem by Mysty Rayn