Errol Walton Barrow, the indomitably enduring and legendary Barbadian!

Errol Walton Barrow, the indomitably enduring and legendary Barbadian!

A Poem by COLLYMORE
"

Self-explanatory

"

 

By Stanley Collymore

 

Hail to the Man! Hail, too, to our great

leader: the impeccably outstanding,

forevermore honoured and the

everlastingly remembered,

Errol Walton Barrow!

 

© Stanley V. Collymore

21 January 2020.

 

 

Author’s Comments:

A phenomenally remarkable Bajan, inspirational leader and Father of the Barbadian Nation. Enduring thanks, and specifically so on this Errol Barrow Day, the 21 January 2020, and also the 100th Anniversary of your celebrated birth.

 

These are the immortalized, unapologetic and poignant words of Errol Barrow speaking at the United Nations when Barbados, having through the very astute skills of Errol Barrow himself justly acquired its independence from Britain after the distinctly exceedingly lengthy period of 339 years of continuous colonial rule by that latter entity, the longest in England and then the UK’s imperialistic record, on the 30 November 1966 delivered his acceptance speech to the UN’s General Assembly on Barbados’ attainment on becoming a member of that global organization.

 

“We will not regard any great power as necessary right in a given dispute unless we are convinced of this, yet at the same time we will not view the great powers with perennial suspicion merely on account of their size, their wealth, or their nuclear potential.

 

“We will be friends to all, and satellites of none!”

 

My fellow Bajan, mentor and personal friend I devotedly and proudly salute you!

© 2020 COLLYMORE


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

14 Views
Added on January 21, 2020
Last Updated on January 22, 2020
Tags: Tribute

Author

COLLYMORE
COLLYMORE

Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom



About
Academic, Journalist, Writer. I'm a highly intelligent, articulate and well-educated human being with an intuitive but enterprising sense of responsibility and a strong moral compass that instincti.. more..

Writing